1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have flyers that work

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by MD Power Plow, Dec 22, 2004.

1. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

I'am looking for some flyer's / ideas that might work, anyone have any ideas! starting to get a brain freeze thinking about this.

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I think timing and volume are the biggest factors

3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Oh and....you have a PM

4. MD Power Plow

volume? what would you recommend for timing

5. MD Power Plow

I have listed 7 day a week and 24 hr a day

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

What type of work driveways or parking lots?

7. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I mean volume as in the amount of flyers you pass out....and timing of when they are passed out.

And you still have a PM to check :waving:

8. MD Power Plow

Sorry but I'am not able to send or get pm yet there is mim post and 30day wait sorry sdb1@comacst.net

9. Chaser13114

Chaser13114 Senior Member

This may be a bit more than your looking for but I'll offer it anyway. Its more for the larger comericial properties.

I already posted this on another site but here it is.

This summer I spent some time and money developing some sales literature. We bought professional embroidered shirts, professionally made letterhead and envelopes, brouhures, powerpoint, bought the SIMA flyers, etc.

I learned a couple things.

1st, It was time and money well spent. I landed a major acct this fall based in much part by my presentation. The Company manager said he had never seen such a professional presentation for site maintenance. If our service was as good, he had nothing to worry about. We typically can only get a 1 year with new accounts but this one was willing to do a three year from the start and included lawn service and sweeping in it. They had told me even before they had recieved the company required three bids, they would do anything possible to do bussiness with us. The manager went on to say he was going to be transfered to a new location they were opening 45 minutes from me and wanted me to come to that location also. Keep in mind I had never performed one service for these people and they seemed as if I had provided the best service they had ever seen for years.

The second thing I learned is there are some very cost effective ways of doing this. I developed a folder with my company logo and a filing tab. I have attached an image of it. All of my larger proposals go out in it with a buss card in the slot, SIMA's how to select a winter service provider and a flyer we made about our snow service (also attached below). My hope is my folder will become their "snow plowing file". I invision all other bids going into my folder and being filed away. Each time they open their file cabinet my name jumps out at them. Maybe without even plowing a flake of snow I can portray to them we are the premeir snow company in my area.

Heres where I got the paperback stuff done. I would highly recomend them. www.koolprint.com

When you sign on there site, a live customer service person asks how they can help. One friday night I began a conversation with them telling them what I was looking for. They asked me to email logos, pics, and what info I wanted. Monday morning I had a proof in my email asking for my input. Over the course of the week I asked for changes and they responded promptly. The end result is the brochure attached. I ordered with them and recieved the materials exactly as promised. The total cost to me for 250 brochures with development was around $500. Much less than I ewas quoted by local vendors and they couldn't touch the turnaround time.

Does anyone else have lituature they would be willing to share. I'm planning some simuliar flyers for our sweeping and lawn service as well as one that covers everything.

temp.jpg

10. Chaser13114

the inside

temp.jpg

11. Chaser13114

I just checked. I only paid 289.00 for the brochures the folders were $500

temp.jpg

12. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Easy, effective and cheap for residential....

Here's what I did. Make up a flyer on your computer, listing specifics. Besure to explain rates. We charge for 2-8" and 8" and up. The 2 to 8" rate is say...x, than the 8" and above rate is 1.75 times x. Example 2-8" is $40, 8" rate is $70. Spell this out in your flyer.

On the back side of the flyer print the following:
    RATE FOR YOUR DRIVE:
    RESERVATION CODE:
    This should be printed so that when the flyer is tri-folder this is viewable.

On a Sat/Sun morn drive your target area and stop at each mailbox of a perspective client and write down the rate. Then a three digit reservation code, which works as follows:
    first digit: 0
    second digit: double your rate and take the first digit, ie rate is 40, 40 x 2=80, second digit is 8
    third digit: 0=paved, 1=gravel.

I hung on mailboxs with rubberbands.

As perseptive clients call there is no need to come out again to price. They cannot lie about the rate you gave them with the reservation code. All is done in the initial 30 seconds your at there mailbox.

Trust me it works, it's cheap, and we have 76 residential drives this year with almost 100% repeat clients, and this is the only way we advertised four years ago. The first season I had 50 clients using this method.

13. Chaser13114

For residentials that sounds like an excellent Idea. I've never been happy with the quality of home printed brochures but even if they were proffessionally done you wouldn't have more than a few hundred invested.

We may use a version of that for our smaller commercials that just want one price for the season and I don't want to spend the time putting a full proposal together just to lose it to a guy with one truck and no insurance (that seems to happen alot). If our price is acceptable then we will spend the time on all the details. We could also carry them with us and drop them whenever we see an acct that wasn't getting properly serviced. We could blanket a commericial area that we would like to increase our presence with little time invested and with a very professional look. I like it............

14. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

It's not a flyer but I think the opportunity is grossly overlooked.

Something that has all ways worked for me is to include in the contract a "Referral Clause" that states if the client refers a potential customer to me and the prospect signs on for a seasonal agreement $25.00 will be rebated to the referring client at the end of the season. I actually once had a customer who I sent $150.00 to for referring 6 people! ($2000 worth of business booked in just one afternoon) payup And I find that those customers who are referred tend not to be the complaining type or constantly looking for the lowest price, just the best service.

Chaser I will have to use your printing guy for my commercial prospects, thanks