1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have experience plowing an exposed aggregate driveway?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ric3077, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 Junior Member

How does it work out? Any part of the driveway get messed up? Any callbacks or complaints when the snows melts? Thanks!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Until it freezes have fun with it. How long is this driveway?

3. Ric3077

Ric3077 Junior Member

it is an L shape driveway and the main run is about 70 ft long...I guess my questions is should we be using lighter equipment on it like snow blowers or shovels? Thanks!

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a trick to use until it freezes. Back blade the whole driveway. It may take a little longer but you won't dig it up.

5. OldMarine

OldMarine Junior Member

use skids (feet) on the plow or just hover the blade above the surface about an inch. Tell them in advance that there will be movement of the rock but you will come back in the spring and push back what you can. or tell them it's their problem.

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Hes talking about concrete not a gravel drive

I would use a poly or rubber cutting edge with no shoes

7. Ric3077

Ric3077 Junior Member

Correct this is not a gravel driveway...I think the rubber/poly edge sounds like the best option. Thanks guys, any other input is appreciated.