1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have details for revision to XV headgear for XV2 (44558-2)?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Nov 17, 2013.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

In the past I have found this info from the reference guide I found online via google, but the most recent I can find is v.04 from July 2009 and it obviously isn't in there.

I see the new XV2 uses a 44558-2 part # for the headgear, compared to the 44558 on the original XV and XLS, and wanted to know what the difference was. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Jeff

2. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Hi Jeff,

The revised headgear is due to the lugs for the lift ram being spread out a little wider to accept the larger lift ram on the XV2. Hope that helps!

jeff

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Thanks! That makes sense... So to fit that ram as an upgrade on a regular XV the bracket on the original headgear would probably need to either be heated/bent or cut/rewelded?

Thanks, Jeff

4. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Sorry, I can't give much input on that as I work for the manufacturer. We can't really make any recommendations with regards to modifications of our equipment. But, I am sure others will chime in and be able to give you an opinion. Have a good day!

5. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

NP, your initial post was very helpful. Thanks again!