1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have any opinions on a Jeep Wrangler?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by PlowOrDie, Dec 18, 2007.

1. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

I have been looking into purchasing a jeep wrangler and a plow for it...

looking to use it for driveways..

was just wondering if anyone has anything negative or positive to say about the wranglers in the snow, and just overall...

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

do a search under Jeep wrangler. bring a cup of coffee or a beer, lots to read.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

the I6 engine is bullet proof pre 88 had carb problems the FI engines are grate. some tranys had a week revers (the Peugeot trany?) for plowing driveways you cant beet them!

4. SalvageTitleTJ

SalvageTitleTJ Junior Member

I am a fan of fuel injection, 91 and newer has the 4.0L HO engine. I believe you are also away from the dreaded puegot BA10 transmission. The AX-5 or A15 is the stronger transmission. Your most common week link is a DANA 35C rear axle. Stock in all jeep from 87 to current. The axle is very weak and has c-clip retainers holding the axleshaft. A stronger D44 is an option in jeeps after 1998. Basically any jeep plan upgrading the rear end.

5. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

cool thanks guys...

yeah i have been looking around at the wrangler postings around this website....
    the wrangler pics thread has some NICE Jeeps! Makes me want one NOW..