1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone have any input on the new hydro power turn kit..

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by nautica0626, Dec 23, 2009.

1. nautica0626

nautica0626 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EmIrodIGTQ

anyone use one of these yet an if so are they any good an worth the money... i normally buy cycle country stuff but this is made for moose an looks amazeing any help at all would be nice... my grizz is craveing a power blade so i never have to leave it unless im takeing piss or food break lol... well also if anyone has videos of the warn power pivot in use id like to see hearing alot of mixed reviews on it.. so any advice or help good or bad is appriciated.. thanks...

2. noooooo

noooooo Member

I ordered mine from a local moose dealer the first week of December. It was supposed to be at the dealer the 12th. Still on backorder from moose until after the 25th. The fuse website says it is in stock. The person at fuse told me it had 1200 pounds of pushing and holding power. The reservoir has a dipstick and cap to fill if needed. Was told if you hit something hard enough to trip the pressure relief valve you push a button and it repressurizes the hydraulic system and back to plowing you go. The system is supposedly strong enough that you will break or bend the metal parts before breaking the cylinders or system. Was also told it would shorten the life of the system if you habitually angled the blade with it loaded with snow. I thought a hydraulic system would stand up to the weight and stresses of being angled under a load. I dont know. The info was given by someone at fuse powersports. Hopefully its accurate info and not their propaganda. Hope it helps.

3. Outty330

Outty330 Member

My input is WAAAYYYYYY over priced $800 bucks! :eek: talk about rip off I'm wondering how much it actually cost to make one of those $300 bucks at the most :confused: come on guys make something thats affordable for the regular guy just my opinon.

4. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

:D
    One of my power angles $150!

my power angle.jpg

5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Sky to bad you can't get them for $150 any more,

I was happy as a pig in stink that I got mine for $300 last year when I did. or maybe it was only $200,

heck I dont recall any more.

bet you wishing you was up here for this Ice/snow strom that coming through for the Holida season.

I even plowed with my 84 Big Red last night on a 3" and it did pretty good for what that unit is I was mildly impressed. Though I have V-bar chains and weight on the back. Makes a huge huge difference.

that is all

Sublime out.

6. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

7. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Ya, I hear ypou guys are supposed to get hit hard again. I plowed a ton of snow with my 84 big red, still have the plow but sold red a couple years ago. A little short on traction but a great plow machine. have a great holidays!!!

8. noooooo

noooooo Member

Regarding the hydro turn kit. I got a very good deal on mine. Out the door price was way less than msrp. Not much more than power pivot by warn. I am glad skywagon has had good luck with his eagle turn kit. I had one and it worked well for about 3 hours before I hit a seam in the pavement with the blade angled. It literally pulled it in half. Speed was the contributing factor. Thats why I dont have nice stuff.

9. Sidewalk King

Sidewalk King Member

every one wants a cut

I would bet they build it for $300.00 but then they usually try to make a profit on it, then the distributer they sell it to wants to make a profit from its sale to your local dealer and obviously the dealer needs to keep the lights on in his building and marks it up.

$300.00 manufacturer cost + 30% manufactures profit + 42%distibuter + 42%dealer = $786.39 total

The thing is, it is too big of a pain for the dealer to buy manufacturer direct so the distributer cost is unavoidable. The distributer makes it so a 16 yr old parts counter kid can order you any part you need out of one book that has hundreds of manufacturers parts in it.

The only way to get away from the added cost is to sit on your computer, research it your self and try to order from a manufacturers online store or from one of their direct approved online dealers.

Just wait...in a couple years some A@$hole company will start building them in China for a $150.00 cost and they'll end up with a retail of $393.00. Then every one will suck em up like the Warn plows and turn around and complain when they dont hold up for a week.
    ussmileyflag

10. noooooo

noooooo Member

Sidewalk King is spot on. The Moose dealer cost I was told is $500. Now it wont ship until "soon after the New Year". I wont get it until July at this pace.

11. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

It is a little slow for me but is faster then jumping off and moving the plow. But you still have to use the winch to lift the plow. I hate using the winch. I think the kit will be more than $500. I priced it was $986 at my dealer. Overpriced. I don't know if the charging system will put up with the winch and the hydro motor being used allot like I do. We will see if it will work. i need it as simple as possible. no electronics if possible, hydraulic all the way.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  12. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

King! You got that rite overpricing. Have had mine on two plows for 6 and 7 seasons, bought for $150 a copy, thought we needed a spare and snapped one up new in the box for $75, still laying on the shelf as mine have been bulletproof.:D

13. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

How much do u plow? On a 1-2" snow fall we plow 6 hours sidewalks change angle allot, and my employs run the atv. I need it idiot proof and strong. where did you buy it for 150?

14. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

We usually plow from 2 inches to 12 inches which depends on the snowfall. 4 plows, 2 rotory units, going 24 hours for 2 days.ATV's are nice for the straight run parking lots. this season equiptment is sitting as we have no snow lol!!! Bought the first two from and outfit in Cambridge MN that was a MFG. since then the outfit has sold and the company that bought them out does nit make this type of cylinder anymore. Found one on fleabay brand new in the box with all ardware for $75, it lays on the shelf. May sell com;lete package next summer.

15. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

How much do u plow? On a 1-2" snow fall we plow 6 hours sidewalks change angle allot, and my employs run the atv. I need it idiot proof and strong

16. dualcuttingedge

dualcuttingedge Junior Member

17. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

18. dualcuttingedge

dualcuttingedge Junior Member

that statment that 2" take as long as 12" any plow guy will call that statment DUMB. I will say this again if that is the case then you need bigger equipment.

19. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

For your friggan single car driveway you may be rite! So go screw yourself.:waving:

20. noooooo

noooooo Member

I have used my hydro turn kit once on a 3" snow with about 10 residential driveways. Not a very good test but it worked very well. Much, much faster. I am curious as to how much force it takes to "trip" the turn angle. If you hit an obstacle and it "trips" the hydraulic relief valve you just use the handlebar switch to "reenergize" the system and keep plowing.