1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have any experience with these?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blakerugg, Jul 31, 2009.

1. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Since Whelen's name is on it rest assured it will be bright and well worth it. Since the Linz 3 light is a great powerful light by itself I am sure they will just as great in that bar

3. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

i hope so for $550 :dizzy:

how do you think they would compare to a light bar?
    can they compare?

4. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

kinda depends on what your wanting to use the lights for and how visiable you want to be

5. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I saw them at the Whelen display at the Mass Snow and Ice expo last year. It was tough to tell with all the other stuff going at the same time, but they looked pretty good to me.

I like dealing with Fleet Safety. Their prices are good, and no problems so far. They list the pods for $400, rather than $550. If I had Trac-racks, I'd probably go for it.
    http://www.fleetsafety.com/Whelen-RackPod-Lightbar-for-TracRac-or-TracVan-407

I searched the web for a video, but no luck. The Fleet Safety link does at least have a picture of them mounted on a truck.

6. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i have seen pleanty of them. they are bright. they use the linear 3 LEDs and all the new ones are built with the rebel Leds as opposed to the old style from last year. the rebel Leds are much brighter. so it should be great in any application you wish to use them

7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

they look great and work good to. i suspect a linz6 version out soon

8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

if you wanted to it could be converted to linz6 in 30 min. would be expensive to do.