1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have any experience with Snow Wolf

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bbrsq, Oct 26, 2006.

1. bbrsq

bbrsq Member

I am looking at Snow Wolf Ultra Series blade for my skid steer. Anyone have any experience or input on them. I would appreciate any comments.

2. donbeez

donbeez Junior Member

great plow ......get the curb guards if you plan to windrow parking lots and work around edges...also buy extra cutting edges...with the front wheels of the skidsteer off the ground they go fast.
  3. Mad Mulcher

Mad Mulcher Member

Here is the price qoute I got for a Snow Wolf Ultra 8'

$3100 (Price includes relief valve and couplers)
    A little spendy so far but it looks like a solid, heavy duty unit.

Now for the add ons:

$250 for curb guards:eek: (seems like a lot of $ for 2 little peices of steel)

$900 for side plates:eek: (you can buy a new box pusher on ebay for $1800)

$500 for wings. (thats not too out of line)

Moral of the story is I went and bought a used 7.5' Diamond (with trip edge) for $1200 instead.
  4. bbrsq

bbrsq Member

I was qouted $3000 for the Ultra Series 8' and $500 for the wings. The side plates were $900. So sounds like it was right in the range. Not sure how much and what use the skid steer is going to get this year. Trying to decide if it is worth the investment or not.
  5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i bought a used steel meyer heavy municipal 9' and put pro wings on it. total investment $700. plus the mounting plate, about $100.
  6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

I just got a quote from our BOSS dealer on their 9 foot trip edge skid-steer plow and it was $2600. Based on the fact we like our current BOSS truck plows, I would opt to add one of their skid steer plows to our fleet for the price. I have not seen one in person though. I have seen the Snow Wolf and they do like nicely built.
  7. bbrsq

bbrsq Member

I use to have Boss plow but am in the process of phasing them out. I like the Westen MVP much better. Better built, faster, and getting service and parts around here is easier. Two years ago I couldn't get cutting edges for one of my Boss. They told me it was going to be three weeks. The big dealer here stopped carrying the Boss line due to problems. We have a bunch of small shops that carry only a limited number of parts. Sorry when I need parts or service I need it now. I complained to the regional Boss rep. Last year they set up a dealer in our area with a better supply of parts. First year installing for that shop. Limited to no experienece for the shop guys. Long and short. No more new Boss plows.