1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone have any different from normal plowing contracts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bribrius, Oct 3, 2007.

1. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

just wondering if anyone plowed airports. who plowed the white house when it snowed. maybe plowing police parking lots or whatever. just wondering if any strange or different from average contracts out there. im not sure what im looking for for responses guess ill know when i see it.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Would a cemetery count on your list as strange or different bribrius? I have one...and it's my favorite plow account too..:D
  3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

YES!! thats actually quite cool.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's my favorite since I can plow it at any time of the day or night and not have to worry about anybody complaining that I woke them up!.... but you do have to be careful not to get off the pavement and turn up any dirt :eek: !

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I plow an abandon landfill theyre not to picky
  6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

We plow the local state police station and its a PITA. They want you sign in and out for every person working there. They always question the amount of salt we put down. They insist we aren't putting down what we say we are. They have threatened to weigh us before salting and after to varify the amount we spread. (although they have never actually done it). We aren't allowed to work at all unless they have called us first. Then we have an hour to get there from the time they call us. We pretty much have to drop whatever we are doing and rush there. We can't leave until everything little thing is done each time. (sometimes 2-3 times a day.) Ex. moving all the parked cars so we can plow that area etc.

All this stuff added up just makes me want to pull my hair out at times.
  7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I would drop that, not worth it.....
  8. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I would, but its a friend/plowing partners account and we trade work, help each other with bigger accounts and swap accounts making our routes closer if you know what I mean. He wants to drop it but he still has two more winters of the 3 year contract to go. :dizzy: After that they are gone.
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I plow a strip joint and sometimes after closing the girls go for rides in my truck.

Sorry I was just dreaming. LOL
  10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Shut up Dave........

11. Hey,
    My buddy "The Boss" plows a strip joint here....The true plowsite guys like myself should remember it, "Tuxedos"......bet he doesnt take home any girls though, Jane wont let him....LOL....JK J....................

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

I plow a police station.Its a pain in the rear.You have to plow a area .then wait for them to move the cars.The funny part is i do it for free.Its my station I'm a cop and it is the city responsibility.But they almost never show up.We get tried of the cars getting stuck.Don't laugh once in a blue moon we have answered 911 call using my truck.The city streets don't get plowed right away.I only do that in an emergency.
  13. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I use to run volly for a Fire Department that we could not get the ramps and lots done in a timely manner by the city. Crazy.......who did they think was going to be able to help the plow truck driver when he got in a wreck....?? :dizzy:
  14. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

We do the provincial police detachment.Nice guys for the most part. The worst part was the spec's 2" and no salt. This doesn't work with high speed cruiser tires. They principally service the 401 highway. They FINALLY got the spec's changed to 1" and salted this year