1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Have an Oshkosh for Sale???

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ConnorExum, Jan 13, 2010.

1. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

I'm looking for an Oshkosh plow truck I prefer diesel (Cummins especially 855 or 743) and 5+4 boxes but 5+2 is okay as well. I would like in the 40-49k GVW range with either sander or ballast box in the back. I like wings and front plow but they can be optional.

Thanks

2. obenauf

obenauf Junior Member

How about this one - it's still available from a local municipal consignor.

1984 Oshkosh Sicard 4x4 3306 Cat diesel (1,514 miles/732 hours) w/Cat D343 6 cyl diesel rear motor with front assembly (1,686 hours). Snow blower 60” high x 103” wide, 4 wheel steer, twin 20” augers (top & bottom), changeable chute direction with extension for capability to load trucks, also has side casing chute.

http://www.obenaufauctions.com/Dec19,2009.html

Lee (847-489-1820)

3. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

Is it automatic or manual?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

5. obenauf

obenauf Junior Member

6. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

7. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

JD DAVE has a mint shape one!

I would look no further!

8. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

19,500 is a good price if it is really in mint shape, I'd have to look at it.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

My truck came out of New York and the title still hasn't been changed. I paid $15,600 US for the truck and I'll sell it for that. I'm about 1.5 hours North of Buffalo. You won't find a truck in better shape for the price. The front blade and the 2 wings are like new. I drove the truck 4 hours home and if the brakes were done on it I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

10. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

Wow, I New York truck... I'll have to think about it. I'm not really going to use it for anything special, I just want to own one. I collect trucks, I have a M35A2 2.5ton ex-Military Truck but I've always wanted an Oshkosh P Series truck or Walter Snowfighter truck. So I'm looking for a collector truck. Your truck looks and sounds awesome, but I'm not sure it is what I want. I sort of wanted a vintage truck with a 5+4 gearbox and NH250 or NH220 engine you know something from about 1965-1975. However, thank you for the information.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010