1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have access to a wiring

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gd8boltman, Mar 31, 2008.

1. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

diagram for a 95' K2500 350 T.B.I. 8600 GWV for the dash/guage circuit that could be posted for me to print? Bought this truck used, put a motor in it and now when the headlamps or parking lamps are turned on, or brakes applied, the oil psi guage goes down a little, and engine temp. goes up a little. Battery guage states about 11 when this is going on, but with a volt meter on the terminals it is reading 13.6V. I am thinking it is a ground issue, but the Haynes manual I have is not cutting it. Have a body to frame ground (new) and grounds are hooked up under hood to the best of my knowledge, and none are pinched between engine and trans. As usual, thanks for your help.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

diagram

best thing i can tell you is look in the back of your owner's manual and you can order the factory service manuals with separate wiring manual they are very nice ,but not real cheap .i have bought them before they are nice and very detailed

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did the truck run when you purchased it enough to know if this problem was there before you changed the engine? Definitely sounds like a ground problem with the cab. Double check the cab to engine ground, as the cluster is grounded under the dash.

4. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

The truck did not run when I purchased it, so

this is a"new to me" issue. I kind of wish to check all of the grounds especially for the instrument cluster, I am just unclear where to locate all of them. The battery cables and connections are clean (new). Thanks for your help.

5. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Forgot to mention the cab to engine ground

is intact and there.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Bolt, which style of dash is in your '95?

'95 was the change over year to the airbag equipped trucks so it could have the old style dash or the later rounded dash with the driver side airbag.

I may have a paper diagram for the airbag style dash I can check for the cluster ground. I cant recall from memory where the cluster ground terminates but I do still feel it's a grounding issue.

7. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

I believe I have the older style dash, I do

not have a drivers side airbag, thanks for the help.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It will either be grounded on the steering column/pedal brackets or on the kick panel near the E-brake mechanism. Will definitely be a black wire. Should have 2 or 3 other wires grounded at the same point along with it.

Just a note: When encountering a problem such as this with the older style gage cluster it's usually do to the connecting terminals being loose or tarnished where the wiring harness plugs into the rear of the cluster, so you may want to pull the cluster out in order to clean the connectors and contacts at the printed circuit as well as bend the terminals slightly to help the contact between the two. Usually does the trick as long as your positive the cab to battery path is good first.

9. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Email me your actual email addy. I am pretty sure I can email you a diagram for it from my alldata. my email link is in my signature.

10. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

E-Mail sent to your

address, thanks for the help.