1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a Stop and Shop contract?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FordFisherman, Jul 27, 2009.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

A new Stop and Shop has come in to the area. Anyone been thru the bidding process with them or plowed for them? Any insight appreciated.

2. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I did one several years back what a PITA. They did not want any sand/salt in there parking lot at all because of the mess. They only would let you spread it after some one fell. So most of the time the lots were a mess due to the high traffic even during the snow storm. They also wanted someone there at all times when it started snowing to it ended at a per hr rate for each truck. You even used there time clock to clock in. The new owner changed it to per inch but wanted the same service. thats when i gave it up.The new owners have backed down on some of that but you still need store ok to spread. They are bid in two year contracts. Most of the contracts around me are done by cherry hill. They went with all new contractors a few years ago but it failed so they gave most of them back to cherry hill. They are tough to beat on price they have tons of equipment just sitting around all winter so they bid some what low to just run the stuff all winter.
    Some of the new stores property is not owned by them they lease it so the owner provides snow removel services. Thats most of the lots that are pavement if you look around you will understand.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  3. FordFisherman

from 06611

Thanks for the info-

4. fireside

fireside Senior Member

My buddy works for cheery hill he told me they now have 28 stop and shops this year plus the ct post mall. That is not including all the other stuff they due. I bid a shopping center they under bid me by $600 per push and sanding by $400 per application.
    Stop and shops bids are closed for this year i was also told.

5. FordFisherman

from 06611

I asked around and talked to a few other contractors- looks like those guys (cherry hill) are impossible to bid against. Too much iron sitting around during the winter.