1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a snowex 1075 pivot??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by maelawncare, Oct 22, 2009.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Well i just got bought a used snowex 1075 from a guy in MI and im in MO. Had it shipped down. Everything looks ok other than a lot of rust. But i thought it was supposed to have the pivot mount and it does not. It looks as if it just has the regular mount.

Can anyone tell me if im correct. Also is the pivot mount really worth the extra $500! yikes its a expensive piece.

2. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I don't know if thats a pivot mount but it looks like its set-up for a hitch mount and i would just use that. No drilling and mounting hardware on your truck
  3. sjarrell

sjarrell Junior Member
    from CT

Yep it is a 1075 pivot pro

It is definetly not the pivot mount. I have one and it nothing like that. I really like mine but I think they could have done better with a cantilever style latch.
  4. maelawncare

Thats what i thought. Figures. Is it worth paying $500 for one though? I only paid $800 for this thing and i really dont want to spend more. But this sucker is heavy and i wont be able to take it off by myself. which sucks.
  5. sjarrell

sjarrell Junior Member
    from CT

I have a hard time relatching mine after putting the snowblower back in. They are heavy and if you need access to the Bed then you will need the mount. I think they sell drilless mounts for this now. Mine is actually drilled into the truck. So yeah, if you need access then it is worth the 500.00.
  6. maelawncare

Well i wont be bolting it in. Im gonna set it in and strap it down.
  7. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

yea you have the hitch mount not the pivot mount just sucks for loading skids of salt (if you do that) it would take 2 guys with the hitch mount and the pivot mount you have to drill in your bed and your bumber i got pics if you wanna see
  8. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

and with the hitch mount dont leave any salt in the spreader bad news
  9. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

whats the volkswagen thing underneath it??
  10. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I modded my pivot mount spreader to a receiver mount. I had the same problem as you, it's to heavy to lift by myself. Here's what I did.

I bought a winch and mounted it to the roof trusses of my garage. I hook up straps to the spreader and lift it high enough so the receiver end of the spreader lines up with the truck side and then back up into it. Once you get close enough you can slide the spreader into the receiver and your good to go. Works out slick. It will take you a few tries, but once you have a system down it will only take you a few minutes to hook and unhook.

I also made a flat dolly with casters so when I unhook, I drop the spreader on it and wheel it off. This works out really good too.

One more thing...don't try to load/unload the spreader with salt in it, your winch might come crashing down on your head!:eek:
  11. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Just remember to wash it off & apply Fluid Film after each use. I have a 1075 that is 7 years old & also one that is around 12 years old & they both are in good shape from regular maintenance.
  12. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Hitch mount

Looks like a home made trailer hitch mount. The pivot mounts would go on to the bumper of the truck and bed rails.
    Need any other help e-mail me
    to_buy@yahoo.com ( "plow" in subject line )