1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a SnowDogg XP?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by plowguy43, Nov 17, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Has anyone purchased one of these yet? If so post some pics and your impression so far!

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I will be installing one next week, I will let you know how it turns out.

3. plowguy43

Nice, post pictures if you can!

4. Plowfixguys

Hey guys, sorry it took so long to post the Dogg XP810 pics, got the first snow here and have been swamped with broken stuff and last minute installs.
    Customer reports the plow worked great, he was impressed with the way it cleaned the snow. Installation went off with out a hitch other then the weight (ouch my back) good thing I got some young guys working for me!
    Here are some pics of it on a 1999 F350 Super Duty super cab.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  5. Plowfixguys

Well for some reason the files wont load. I will try from the office later to attach them.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  6. plowguy43

I can't wait, seriously debating between a V and this plow...

7. Plowfixguys

Well I don't know whats going on, I have tried to load from 2 computers and it wont load. If you send give me your email I can send them to you that way. When my son gets here I will see if he can get to the bottom of the problem

8. plowguy43

PM sent!.......(10 minimum characters..)

9. Plowfixguys

Ok guys, my son fixed the problem. Enjoy the pics

P1010353 small.jpg

P1010357 small.jpg

P1010354 small.jpg

10. plowguy43

WOW that moldboard is much taller than I originally thought! Nice looking unit!

Does it use the same hydraulics as the VX series? Pretty quick like they are?

11. Plowfixguys

Yes its basically the same set up as the "v" plow. Like I said the guys love it.

12. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

It LOOKS like the same hydraulics, but the XP is actually simpler AND more complex at the same time. It's got 2 double acting cylinders (wings), 2 single acting cylinders (angle rams) and a single acting lift cylinder. The VX has 2 double acting cylinders and single acting lift cylinder.

So the XP has 2 more functions then the VX. However, it doesn't need the "straight blade" mode or regenerative functions that the V has, so it's a much more traditional circuit, very similar to what you'd see in truck hydraulics in stack valves.

The bottom block (with the pump/motor mounted to it) is actually the same. Only the top block changes (with all the angle functionality).

Scott

pusher82 likes this.
  13. kubota1

kubota1 Junior Member
    from west wi

I bought one, love most things about it, the snow flap on this this is absolutely worthless 5mph and snow comes right over top and on hood,

14. plowguy43

Are the hydraulics as quick as the VX series? Those things fly!

15. plowguy43

Just bumping this up- anyone own one of these? Looking for some impressions of real world usage? Also interested in the speed of the hydraulics.

16. dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman Junior Member

We've plowed 3 times so far with ours. We love it! I wouldn't say the hydraulics are exceptionally fast, but they aren't slow either. I've never used the V plow that everyone talks about being fast so I can't compare it to that. It is definitely faster than the 10' Myers straight blade I used last year.

We put it on a 1 ton truck, I don't think I would recommend putting it on a 3/4 ton - it is definitely heavy. It is definitely adaptable, I finished up my parking lots and then was able to go help with some of our smaller driveways with limited space.

After the 3rd plowing we just noticed a leak on one of the extension cylinders, called the dealer and said he would fix it as soon as possible. The way the wing cylinder is covered by a shield it is practically impossible to see whether it is the cylinder or the fitting that is leaking and since its under warranty I'm not wasting time figuring it out. But it could be a pain if I ever do have to work on either of those wing extension cylinders.

17. plowguy43

Great to hear- have any action shots? Thanks for your input!

18. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

third time out and its leaking. This is how it starts. FYI buyers is being sued by douglas dynamics parent company to western fisher and blizzard. From what I have heard buyers is going to be forced to buy back all the xp plows and v plows due to copy right infringement.

19. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

So..... its an even bigger mess than the vx????? Thanks but no thanks.

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Who told you that? :confused: