1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a pic of the hydraulic pump setup on a 5.8L ford?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ffplow, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

I am in the process of seting up an older fisher plow on my ford truck with a 5.8L engine. I want to install the hydraulic pump but not sure what is the best mounting place for it under the hood. I took the pump out of my other ford with 7.5 engine so the brackets won't swap over. If you have a ford with a 5.8 and an underhood hydraulic pump, can you please post some pics for me? thanks alot.
  2. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

i'll try and remember to take my cam to work. we've got a 85 f-250 w/5.8L ho 4v and a fisher 8'
  3. Thelawnscaper

Thelawnscaper Member

Sorry the writing is too small, circled is the plow pump and the arrow points out the steel bracket that bolts up to the motor and then to the pump. Good Luck and message me if you need more pics

4. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member

^did you move your airbox? seems like you have more room than my 5.8L?

Thanks for the pic too.

do you have any other pics of different angles?
  5. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

My father in law just bought a 97 F350 with 5.8, hasn't even taken delivery yet. He said it had underhood hydraulics but also thought they removed the AC compressor...fishers website has tech info for old stuff, you may want to search there.
  6. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

well. i guess mine won't be any good to ya then. i don't have the efi version
  7. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Here's a few pics of my 89 F250 5.8 w/efi. Hope it helps, Roy

pump 003.jpg

pump 004.jpg

pump 005.jpg