1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone have a pic of HTS on new 1500?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Mar 17, 2010.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i'd like to see pics of how much the bumper needed to be cut for the mount? is the lower air damn still in tact?
  2. octanehockey

octanehockey Junior Member

I have an 07 (new body) 1500 crew. I don't have a pic as I have already put it away for the season but the lower dam will be removed and there will need to be two small cuts right under the front hooks. All in all, a pretty nice design as there is very little intrusion into your bumper/dam.
  3. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

How did it hold up? I'm adding up plow weights and frame weights and going to make my choice soon.
  4. octanehockey

octanehockey Junior Member

It held up well but I only do a few residentials. I put it through the paces a few times this season and was happy. I added blocks to my Silverado as the new body styles no longer have a torsion bar, it barely saged and frankly could have probably gone up to a midweight but because of the plowing I do, I really didn't need it. All in all I was quite happy w/ it, now let's see if it holds up over a couple of years.... I also locked the security code feature that it has, check out the western website, it will walk you through it. I haven't tried w/ another controller so I'm not 100% sure it works but I did program mine.