1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a new straight blade XT plow?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Is it just taller by a couple inches than the older standard SD straight blades? Anyone have any pictures of em on the trucks?

2. themechanic43

themechanic43 Junior Member

xt = extra tall? ... they also have extra bracing and the shock absorber kit like the SD model. All the 08 and newer plows now have upgraded pump motors(interchangeable with the old ones) and orifices in the cylinders and/or valves to prevent stb's from angling too fast, and v-plows from the wings slamming back.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

dont all boss V plows slam back when you hit something? or your talking about when they trip? so a new v xt plow will have a shock absorber on a V plow? i know my 8'2 V XT last december doesnt have a shock, kinda sucks because that sucker goes forward fast and comes back faster!

4. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I thought the straight blade had 2 shock absorbers. I believe they have a 8 inch cutting edge instead of a 6 inch

5. themechanic43

themechanic43 Junior Member

The v-plows don't have shocks. You asked about the differences compared to the SD straight blade.

The reference to the v-plow was the orifices now installed to prevent the wings from slamming back when they are retracted into the v position. The straight blades use a similar orifice to prevent the angling from slamming left to right. If your older plow does not have this feature, it is available and fairly simple to install.

6. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

The straight XT models are 3" taller than the super duty plows. The straight XT models have a 8" cutting edge vs. the 6" edge on the super duty. There is more bottom angle reinforcement and one extra shock absorber on the the straight XT models.

The only difference on the V plows is that the wings flare from 30" to 37" on the XT.