1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a moose power v on a utv here

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by kcplowman, Nov 28, 2009.

1. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

I saw a 72" hydraulic v plow for utvs that moose makes. Just curious if anyone here had one and what you thoughts were on it. I saw one on the internet and was kinda interested in it. Would a polaris ranger have enough traction to push one?
  2. noooooo

noooooo Member

Fuse-powersports makes it for moose. There is a link on the Fuse site to a youtube video of it being used on a ranger. They also make a hydraulic turn kit that fits on the moose pushtubes for straight blades. It is a much cheaper way to go if you are not committed to a v plow. They are on backorder but I am going to order the turn kit this week. I should get it middle of December.
  3. fhays123

fhays123 Junior Member
    from Alaska

I have a Moose-VPLOW on my Rhino. I like it alot. The only thing that bugs me about it is that it leaves 1/4-1/2" of snow on the ground but that could be because of how I have it set up/adjusted. I have used a Ranger with a Boss Plow. I would highly recommend it. I would probally rather have that one than my Moose. Although it is a straight hydrailic plow it is cheaper, responds quicker to the remote and about 3 times qucker movements. They did not have the application for the rhino when I bought my Moose. The rangers front springs might need upgraded because the plow is heavy and does put wear on them. I also would recommmend putting extra weight in the bed.
  4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

local school district my buddy works for has one on there gator to do sidewalks. they seem to like it.