1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a list?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by duane1982, Sep 25, 2010.

1. duane1982

duane1982 Member

I'm trying to break into doing commercial properties in my area.

The stores I've stopped at have no clue is handling there snow plowing this year.

I'm trying to find a list of maintenance companies that do snow plowing in my area.

Anyone have any ideas?
  2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Wow this has to be the dumbest post that I have seen to date. :eek: Do you really think the guys in your area are going to give you a list so that you can go bid on there work?.:realmad:You need to go out and get it yourself or maybe sub for someone until you can score some work for yourself. Search google for management co. Get on the phone.Bang on some doors.Talk to anyone who will listen.Get your name out there.Make some fliers. You know good old fashion hustle. It won't happen overnight.It takes years to get established. Good luck with it;)
  3. duane1982

duane1982 Member

I'm sure somewhere there's a list of what regions brinkman has this year or usm or maintenance 1 and what stores they carry and where.

We already handle a number of store brands. I'm looking specifically for Dollar Generals and family dollars.

We already have the rite aids and Bank of America's in our services.

I would like to personally thank YOU for the rudest remark I've seen on date yet.

I hope you can install siding better than talk to people but can't says as I'd hire you with that mouth to be a sub for me.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry Didn't mean to be such an asx. There is a thread on here somewhere about who's has Dollar stores. If I did your siding I would give you a great job.:nod: Too bad I don't do too much work in new york
  5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

SMS assist out of Chicago has one or both of these..I cant remember...:help:
  6. duane1982

duane1982 Member

Sorry for the dig on the siding.

Roofing and siding is our main stay.

I'll call sms since we already do repair work for them. Thanks!
  7. Precedence

Precedence Senior Member

Try searching "national property management companies" on Google.
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think I posted this somewhere before. If you can't get any info from the manager,go to the company website ,you should be able to find out that way.
  9. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

If I plowed the Dollar Generals I'd be leaving some skid marks.

Set up a nice web site and advertise. Most of these are in strip malls. Do they really just plow their little portion of the lot or does one company bring in a pusher and do the whole lot for the 10 big box stores there.