1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone have a 4l80e for sale

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by z71plowguy, Dec 19, 2009.

1. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

went to back out of a spot last night and no reverse the night before the storm kinda sucks but if anyone around ma has on let me know a price thanks
  2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

there was a guy in PA that had one on lawnsite. Ill try to find it for you. It was just rebuilt and he was trying to sell it for $1900
  3. stroker79

4. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

There are lots of them for sale, you just have to buy the trucks their in.
  5. stroker79

Like mine. And mine was just rebuilt 200 miles ago!
  6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Check Craigslist, seems like I saw one recently for $400 used. And, there's a guy in Maine (Berwick I think, just over the border from NH) who advertises in Maine and NH Craigslist all kinds of trannies he's rebuilding and selling, pretty cheap prices.
  7. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I bought my 4L60e on ebay for $1200, and I had $400 worth of upgrades put in it. Check ebay. Just watch the feedback.
  8. diesel dust

diesel dust Junior Member

call paul at hydramatic trans in dedham mass he has them in stock all rebuilt 781-326-8150 and gives a year warranty
  9. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

I have one. Just rebuilt last year and only run a few hundred miles.

10. dcamp824

dcamp824 Member

i had a 98 k3500 6.5 td last year and had thr same problem i lost reverse in the middle of plowing it ended up costing me $2200 installed
  11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Lost reverse in my 01' 3500 last storm :gunsfiring:. Same deal, pushed into a pile and no reverse. I think it gave me a warning but I ignored it... on the last push when I put it in reverse it almost sounded/felt like the tires were spinning but now I think it was the trans slipping.
  12. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I don't know if I would trust Ebay for such a purchase... see the following quote:

"Up for sale is a Gm 4L80E came out of a Chevy 2500 4x4. Gm id # 24208241. Trans came out of a 2001 Chevy 2500 4x4 . Comes with transfer case adapter and torque converter. Was told it came out of a low milage truck. Never had it in a vehicle myself, bought it for a project vehicle & have since sold. Selling as is. Item is local pickup only will not ship. 18062 Macungie, PA "

That quote is from an ebay ad .... Could be true, or else that was his interpretation of "It was in my truck until it started slipping like a mofo, so I swapped it out, and now I am trying to find a gullible sucker so I can recoup some of my losses"

Hopefully he is legit in his claim, but you never know, and he makes no claim that the tranny is perfect, so that one'd be a buyer beware ebay purchase, with no route of recourse if it is junk...

Personally, I would rather source one from a reputable tranny shop that would stand behind it....