1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone have 2004 f250 timbrens?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dissociative, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

if you got them how do you like them...i kicked it around last year but i think i would do it this year for preventative reasons...

where's the best deal on them?

any pics on install or how-to's..i have 5 extra leafs under the stock 2 so it doesn't sag but i want to keep it that way

2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

3. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

If you already have added 5 leafs then why would you want Timbrens?

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

lol 5! I have one extra, and it doesn't sag hardly at all. Just put in firestone air bags and be done with it. They are cheap. Google Firestone Ride Rite air bags.

Cheers

5. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Only problem with those is that you can't run a gooseneck hitch because the bags mount right where the hitch does, on the outside of the frame.

6. Dissociative

ok.......

the 5 leafs were a add a leaf 2.5" lift kit from summit....not even full length...and i want to keep my ride height where it is so that's why i want the timbrens..so i don't sag out the OE leafs...i am hooked up to a PRO PLUS WITH WINGS AND BACKDRAG......VERY HEAVY

also......about the gooseneck...we are talking about the front here right?...not the rear....

7. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I figured you were only concerned with the front, but when I saw someone mention firestone air bags, it rung a bell with me that you can't run firestones with a gooseneck hitch

I figured I'd just mentioned it if you were thinking about the bags and run a gooseneck.

8. Dissociative

cool beans...

9. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

i have a set on my 2003 f350. should still fit. they HAVE NEVER been used. I put them on with my boos 9.2 v and even lowered with the plow on the ground, they still were touching.

so i bought f550 springs. now the truck doesnt move an inch when i lift the plow.

email me at messiershydro@hotmail.com if ya want them

10. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

So where did you get the F-550 springs and how much did they go for? You must have seen a little stiffer ride

11. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Diss, why you running all of that weight and equipment on an F-250???? Remind me to not buy your truck when it goes up for sale....... :)

12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i know you can run air bags with the B & W hitch on GM

13. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Firestones?

14. Dissociative

it's just a plow with wings..and a back drag blade...and a slater and a load of salt...

besides...my truck will never go up for sale...i have too much in it already...

15. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Oh my bad. I thought that "Pro Backdrag" was one of those rear plows that you put on the ass end of your truck. My fault.

16. Dissociative

LOL....i get it....

yeah...that's a lot of weight...2 plows and a slater...DAMN...not 4 me..lol

17. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

they are good yes it stiffens up the ride but they are an easy install so you could take them out in the summer if you want to i got mine at ken's in Ma 413-532-7476 a good guy to deal with had them in 2 days