1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone got a 5500 yet?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NLS1, Dec 5, 2007.

1. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I want one bad, anyone have one? How about pics of theirs yet?
    I hope to buy one this spring for me as my designated work truck and let the wife have the mega cab for the family and as a backup. 19,500 lb rating!:redbounce
  2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

ya one heck of a truck. ill take one for a work truck too. maybe they will give us a buy 2 deal$$$ lol
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I want the 4500 really bad but I can't get over the fact you have to spend an extra $5k to put a box on it. I think I'm just going to get another 3500 and roll with that for awhile. Talked to my dealer today and if I trade in my current truck he can put me in a new one for $15k to boot. I think that's a good deal but I want to think it through a little bit more.
  4. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Went to the dealer today!

Got the skinny on the 5500 chassis cab.
    What a beast! Drove one for a few miles with no body on back, I'm still icing my kidneys.:jester: What an awesome truck, can't wait to buy one this spring! The turning radius was unreal, like the regular ones, but with another 3/4 turn each way, unbelievable sharp turning! The six speed auto was great, small like a regular pickup truck, and less money than a new Chevy 5500 with a better motor too. 7000 lb front axle, 13500 lb rear, and only 8100lb curb weight for the reg cab. With the 19500lb rating should put you at 8-10k capacity depending on upfit body.
  5. jpang115

jpang115 Junior Member