1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone get to use a Gator yet?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by eggy, Mar 5, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy Member

I know we talked about this earlier in the year. I was wondering if anyone went ahead and bought one and has "feild tested" it yet. Curtis seems to make a lot of goodies for the gator. Let me know! Thanks.

[Edited by eggy on 03-06-2001 at 02:13 AM]

2. bob

bob PlowSite.com Veteran

I bought one last year. Its got 9 factory and 2 non-factory options. I use it for mulching, pulling a tow behind aerator and getting firewood for my house. Its great in the snow. I pulled 2 of my sons friends around on sleds for about 4 hours one night. I'm currently using it to help a friend do tree work. He can't take his big truck out on the property, so we put all the debris on a big tarp and pull the tarp back to his truck and chipper with the Gator. It goes through everything. What is the Curtis company?

3. eggy

eggy Member

they make plows and cabs for Gators, to be honest I have looked at all angles of getting into snow removel...and so far to handle our commercials we mow such as gas stations, banks etc. The gator seems to be a good choice..I wonder if it plows well? The most we ever get is about 5 inches..hmmm ere is the curtis site http://www.curtiscab.com

4. bob

bob PlowSite.com Veteran

I use my Grasshopper with a plow for my large driveway and the neighbors driveways. The ZTR feature seems like it would be better than a normal tractor/gator setup. I remember seeing those curtis cabs at my local dealer.

5. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

IT might take it little while to do it, but i think it wouldn't have that big of a prob, since you could get the 6X4 with the diesel motor, the only thing i would question is the belt drive, and how long it wouls last, ans stand up to it, but i think it would work though good luck