1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone From Rockford, IL or Dealt w/ Kid Cars?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by exmark1, Sep 8, 2010.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone dealt with Kid Cars in Rockford, IL? They are a huge commercial truck dealer and I am dealing with them on a bucket truck and I am just curious if there are any experiences with them?

Thanks

2. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

truck

Why not go to www.jjkane. That is where they get most there stuff. Auction coming up.

3. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Hey, I can help you call me. Wade.406-580-3221

4. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

Seem Nice, but seems like they always have Sh1t, i would look over the truck very carefully.
    i have been there a dozen times to look at trucks, just going from there inventory it seems like they always buy high mileage trucks. i know that they are work trucks but just be thourough(sp?)

thanks
    Nate

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I know of them and have seen their lot before. Bout 25 miles from me. They have alot of junk of the lot in my opinion. But thats just me...

6. exmark1

That was kind of my gut feeling too... but the price seemed really good for what the truck is. I am trying to find something that will work with as small of an investment as possible until I know if it will be a profitable business for me.

Trying to avoid having to spent $20,000 on a truck to hope to make money lol

7. NoFearDeere

Yeah, I know what your saying...haha I'll put it this way, I wouldnt buy anything from them!

8. exmark1

Ah that really doesn't make a guy feel to great lol. Do you know anyone who has or just your feeling from seeing what they have? To me all there stuff looks oddly clean/painted up to look nice.

If you check there website the prices are totally different from what they list on ebay too.

9. NoFearDeere

I dont anyone that has bought from them, just looking at what they have and the little shack of a building they are in. I might be dead wrong, but I just get a wierd feeling about them.

10. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

I agree with no fear deere,

Pot callin the Kettle black here....but most of my friends dont see this so ill be ok....

Buying a cheap truck will probably end up costing you more in the long run, dont know what your gettin into, but in general, if the need for the truck is generated and genuine, then it should be profitable.

this from the owner of a whole fleet of POS stuff that cost him money daily, but yet refuses to spend good money on a truck......some ppl never learn :)

11. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

try mills truck sales or mills truck mall, google it, they have alot of forestry trucks, a guy i know bought some trucks and was pleased with them

12. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Their trucks always seem over priced to me. When ever I sell one of my trucks, I have used their adds to show people how much more they are getting out of my truck for so much less.