1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone from Minnesota?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MN_BR, Nov 26, 2004.

1. MN_BR

MN_BR Member

Anyone from Minnesota here? We are finally getting some snow in central MN :) but not plowable yet!

2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey MN BR,
    Yep! We're getting some up here too. However they aren't predicting more than an inch so at this time. But if it keeps coming down like it is now...we'll have some plowable snow by tonight!! :redbounce :redbounce

Buck

P.S. Where in central MN are you?

3. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

Hi you guys!

From SE (between Cities and Rochester) and their talking possibly 5" in Roch and 2 1/2" in Cities.

Not in hurry to get it yet waiting for a 810SS to come (back ordered). 1st yr trying to get some sub work lined up. I might only get emergency sub work around here (to many people w/plows) for bobcat.

Green Halloween and Thanksgiving, not right.

Have fun in the Snow!!!

4. MN_BR

MN_BR Member

Howdy

Hi Up North,
    Got out and pushed around the 1-2" here. How about you? Also was at your cities lighting festival last night.what a mess!

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Only got half an inch here, did make things sloppy though. I didn't make the lighting festival, how was it? My youngest boy turned 1 yesterday so had a birthday party instead! :redbounce

So where you located? Were you up here for Thanksgiving or you pretty close by?

Buck

6. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

Only got about a inch down here. Hopefully more to come this weekend :drinkup:

7. caz41

caz41 Member

Hey guys. up here on the Iron Range we got close to three inches over the weekend. Enough to get out and make a little money. It's not looking too good for this week either. I am itching to get out more, but it's not looking good.

8. moel

moel Junior Member

1/2"-not enough to attach plow

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Only 1/2 inch here too. the weather man said we got 1 1/2 inch but i plow an account not far from where thy take that measurement and my ruler said only 1/2 inch? The plows were on, I took them off hoping it would snow some moor, kind of reverse physiology applied to a snow event. Just daring it to snow more.

10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Caz41, how do you rate??!! I'm just a hop & a skip away from the range and we only got 1/2 inch over here. :realmad:

Buck

11. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

I hate to kill you "upnorth guys" buzz's but there will be NO big snow up there till the lakes get some descent ice. LOL I've got a LOTW trip planned for the 15th of Dec. and it would be nice to drive out. Also one on the 20th of Jan. If any of you want to join us your more then welcome.

12. EskiePages

EskiePages Junior Member

I'm just over the border here in Wisconsin, so not that far off. Over from Hinckley...about an hour south of Duluth/Superior. We've got about an inch on the ground. Nothing to bother with really though.....got it last Thursday or Friday if I recall correctly. Had to go to Duluth on Friday and there was nothing up there.....but was snowing in Superior by the time I left about dark though.

I'm still working on getting everything together on the '79 J10, but hopefully plow and all will work on that. Gotta do the clutch this week too......and get the rest of the wood split.....always plenty going on. Oh well, eh! :)

PS....I did live in Duluth for about 10 years though...still love it up there and feel like I'm "home again" whenever I get up there! :)

13. caz41

caz41 Member

Must be just one of those way up der on dat der Irern Range tings. That was the most for the area as far as I can tell. Don I hear you with the whole ice on the lakes. I really want to put my fish house out now that deer hunting is over. Oh well, we'll have to just wait and see what happens.

14. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Don,
    You stopping in for a little crappie action on Red on the way up or back from LOW? Sounds like Red has ice as far as you can see, Hillmans has a road for ATV traffic about 1/2 mile out. Lake Bemidji is a couple miles down the road from me, just notice the first bit of ice this morning out there. Windy and choppy so it will be a while before we get out on that lake. Haven't heard anything about LOW, not sure how their ice situation is.

Now stop with the "no snow" wise cracks...you're making me nervous. :dizzy:

Buck

15. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

Seems like the last few years we've been catching and throwing back more walleys and northrens then crappies on Red lake. I love that lake. Give me 1 more weak of cold and you can have all the snow you can push. :drinkup:

16. Up North

Up North Senior Member

definitely getting some good ice due to the lack of snow. Another couple weeks of this and I think we'll be set.

Red opens for walleye in 2006! :redbounce Can't wait...till then I'll have to put up with the hit & miss crappies. Should be a fair amount of 16" slabs in there this year.

Buck

17. caz41

caz41 Member

Ya the crappies are going to be a little tough to find, but when you get into them they are always nice slabs. Last year we got into some decent walleyes, boy is it tough having to throw them back in. LOW is not looking real good for ice (as I've been told). We have a trip planned for the second week of Jan. so it should be plenty good by then.

18. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah the slabs are definitely hit & miss. I went up about 6 times last season and 3 times we did okay and 3 times we got skunked...well we caught fish but had the throw the rough fish back (walleyes) and the perch were too small.

Buck

19. Hookem_9

Hookem_9 Junior Member

Hello all, checking in from Hastings, only got about an 1" at the most. Still anxiously waiting for snow...

Hookem

20. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

Its trying to teese us right now in the cities, big flurry then nothing. I think thare talking up to 3" tomarrow and another on Monday. Wait and see.
    As for those crappies head for hte cribs on Red and you should find some. Can't wait for Walleyes in 06, ( might need to find a cabin in that area ) :drinkup: