1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone from middle iowa know what i should be charging?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by scottyknows50, Feb 19, 2010.

1. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

just wondering what services with a truck are worth. i have an f250 with a boss v plow. i've been told anywhere from $15/hr (seems awful low) to up to $75/hr. just wondering if anyone knows where i should expect to be. let me know what other info would be relevant. thanks.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What's the market like in your area? Are there a lot of guys who plow? More guys that plow the less you will make. Better off trying to get your own stuff.

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

GRandview do you even know wher Iowa is? :D but umm 75 seems about right for a vee, do you have a salter?

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

35 miles southwest of Miami

5. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

no salter- just the plow, truck, and a shovel. oh, and my modest good looks.........kinda.

6. ajslands

Do you have your own insurance or are you under his and how old are you? And how long ou been plowing,

7. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

i was told i was under their insurance. i'm 26. there are only a few outfits to get with here in town, but i'd like to think i wasn't being underpaid.

8. ajslands

Correct! The middle of no where!!!!

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Better than Detoilet Eh. :gunsfiring:

10. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

we do play some mean football here.

11. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I think the going rate is around 55 per hour to 65 per hour depending on who you work for. I wouldnt go any lower than 55.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  12. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

sounds good, thanks for the input

13. capital

capital Senior Member

In Iowa you will need to have your own insurance plus insurance/umbrella policy for the plow. Regarding rates it depends on your ability and types of properties you are plowing. Here in DSM the rate goes between $55-$65 for a sub.

14. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

we plow mostly apartment complexes. two of the bigger sets. this is my first year plowing. so far it's been smooth sailing (crossing my fingers).

15. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

You are you plowing for?

I used to plow city streets in campus town with tractors back in the day.

J.

16. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

it's bentley custom services. they are new. we move across from the middle school and behind wilson toyota.