1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone from Canada???

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Plower_Girl, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Plower_Girl

Plower_Girl Junior Member
    from Ontario

Hey There..

Just wondering if anyone is from Canada? i'm from Ontario and starting a new plow business :help: Hope to talk with ya'll soon :jester:

2. diesel dave C

diesel dave C Junior Member

Yes, Im from the Toronto area.

3. Plower_Girl

Plower_Girl Junior Member
    from Ontario

Hey Dave...I'm from Orillia area :) Do you work in the snow removal industry as well? I'm just a newbie hoping to get started by winter 2005. I own a 199 TJ Sport right now and am looking for the rest this winter hopefully :) Well hoppe to get to know you better..ttyl

PlowerG

4. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm from Ottawa. I've got some family in Lagoon City. It's a nice part of Ontario. good luck and have fun.

5. syNNer

syNNer Junior Member

Orillia gets plenty of snow, I grew up in Moonstone. TJ's are great for condo's and residential work. good luck with it.

6. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

From Toronto using a chevy blazer with a blizzard plow for residential drives

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I am from the Niagara area, use a BOSS V-Plow to do commercial, industrial, and residential work.

Are there any other girls that plow? I always kind of assumed it was a guy thing as I have never met a girl who wanted to plow. In all honesty, I don't know any girls that I would turn loose with a plow/battering ram, as all the girls I know are TERRIBLE drivers!
    :p
    OK not all but there are a few (guys too!), well, you all know the type I am referring to--the ones where if you catch a ride with them, you have both feet firmly planted on the floor, your left arm holding the armrest and the right curled around the handle on the door!

I, for one, am glad to see that there is at least one girl out there who wants to do it. When I asked my g/f(now ex) if she was interested in learning to drive my second truck, she looked at me like I was from the moon or something...:D

I have sent an MSN invite to you.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2004
  8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Hmmm seems that her address triggered off an automatic failure notice.... 'fraid she'll have to contact us!

9. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I am near North Bay ON, just a couple hours up from Orillia. My mother in law lives in Orillia

10. Aldergood

Aldergood Junior Member

I am just south of Barrie, Been plowing two year's with a 1995 gmc 1500 and 7.5 ft Boss straght blade.
    Welcome to the neighbourhood.

11. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Dave in Sackville Nova Scotia, that's just outside Halifax.

Home of the MONSTER storm of 2004.

12. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Attention Canadians

SNOW AND DEICING/ TREATED SALT SEMINAR

Wil be held in Ajax, Ont. Canada on Sept 9, 2004.
    (Near Toronto.)

All are welcome.........FREE too !

Chemists, Reps., etc will be on hand to answer questions etc.
    on the use, application, etc. of treated salts, deicers and such !

John Parker the Magic Salt guru from Poughkeepsie NY will also be
    attending.

This is being hosted by Scott Robins from Innovative/IBP located in Ajax.
    Call 1-800-387-5777 so he knows how many folks to expect and for
    directions.

Prob. a good time to hookup and meet fellow Canadian plowheads ...eh? :drinkup:

..............geo

13. Zed

Zed Junior Member

We had a girl plow for us a few winters. She did a good job. She did get kinda comfy in the leather equipped ram though. Often plowed in her pj's and slippers. One night she got stuck.... ;)

14. 68 bullitt

68 bullitt Member

Nova Scotia, Hello there! :waving:

15. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Bullitt:

Come on down and see our Blizzard and Snowman and truckcraft products and what they can do for you. Buy ya a coffee.

16. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont Member

Newmarket/Aurora area

Hi all! Am situated just north of Toronto. Would fall into the newbie category as this is my first year and will probably make it mostly research.

I have several questions that I'm compiling and will post later.

In the meantime, a HUGE THANKS to all as this site is an incredible source of information for someone (like me) who truly had no clue what the difference between a V and straight plow was before getting in here! Now I know almost too much! For each of the major queries I had (insurance, pricing, trigger, contracts, subs, op. costs) I have seen several very informative posts.

For anyone in my area who is also new, or to Plowgirl please send me a message as it would be great to get a local group together at some point.

:)

Thanks, GL.

17. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Welcome, I'm from the Okanagan Valley, BC

18. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

Cambridge here, Cottage in Rama :)

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm from Newmarket. G.L. and I must be neighbours?

20. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont Member

Newmarket/Aurora area

CET, we may very well be. How can I contact you to provide my email address - I would very much appreciate some of your time - I'd of course be willing to compensate you somehow (beverage perhaps!).

Thanks, G.L.