1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone fabbed up their own unimount?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Winfrey, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Winfrey

Winfrey Junior Member

ive got a 90s chevy and a unimount plow. sold all my mounts and harnesses 2 years ago and thinking about getting back into it this year with the 1 plow ive got left. problem is i no longer have a mount or harness. thinking about making my own. has anyone done this before? does anyone have all the dimensions for 1?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

A unimount might be hard to fab up givin the proper dimensions and angles needed. Still can find the proper mounts around tho
  3. robber27

robber27 Member
    from NE Iowa

I have built my own truck side mounts for 80s chevy frames. But I start with uni mount frames that I have laying around the shop so the hook ups aren't compermised. There's a lot of these around still, with all the time and buying steel imo I think you would be futher ahead to hit craigslist and buy one. Good luck!
  4. Winfrey

Winfrey Junior Member

yea ik but im having a hard time locating 1 for a decent price. a couple years ago they were a dime a dozen now theyre an arm and a leg. robber you made me think ive got 1 i fab up to work on an 80s chevy laying out back in a pile of parts, might have to transform it into a 90s mount