1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever work for TriStar Snow and Ice in Illinois?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by metallihockey88, Sep 7, 2010.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

looking into working for a company this year called tristar snow and ice. not sure where exactly they are out of but im sure the chicagoland area. not to far into details yet, just inquiring about them and wondering if anyone on here works for or has worked for them. if you have any experience lets hear it. thanx

2. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

Tristar

I GOT AN EMAIL FROM THEM TRISTARSNOW I SEEN THEM ON CRAIGSLIST I SENT THEM A EMAIL AN THEY SENT THIS BACK

We will call you next week to meet with someone. Our shop is located in Schaumburg.

3. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

never heard of em, maybe that one guy got tired of us harrassin him and he finally changed his name...

4. metallihockey88

well met with these guys last week. they are out of the schaumburg area. seemed like a real good put together outfit. good pay, real nice owners and a lot of long time employees. guess we'll see how the season goes. feelin pretty confident as of right now.

5. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

What type of lots and what are they offering for pay as in hourly,by lot

6. metallihockey88

seems like they do a bunch of medium size commercial, like individual larger stores in malls and some larger restaurant lots. dont really wanna discuss pay but im happy with it.

7. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

How long did it take them to call you and for the meet

they sent me an email saying they would call me and someone will meet me

8. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I haven't heard of them. Hopefully you have a good season.

9. metallihockey88

they said theyd call me after the holiday ( labor day weekend ) and they gave me a call on thursday, met up with them on friday.

10. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

Thankx what is your thought of them will they be a good one or one like snobiz

11. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Let me know how it goes, I still need to put my plow to work. Been getting the same thing, "Call back beginning of October"

12. metallihockey88

i have a good feeling, seemed like a good company and good people to work for. been around for a while with a lot of long time subs.

13. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

thankx metal i worked my a@@ off last season chasing the money for repairs an new equiment then for contactors to play games in the end with my hard earned money i hope your right dont want to work for contractors that dont pay

14. cplmac

cplmac Senior Member
    from Dundee

So has anyone worked for them?

15. salt guy

salt guy Junior Member
    from USA

what is the owners name. i think i might know this company.