1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever work for Brinkman?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by mullis56, Feb 6, 2008.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Has anyone here ever worked for Brinkman? If so PM me please, your experiences, etc. Thanks!

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I am subbing to them this winter.........they have treated us great.........we get paid within 2 weeks of each event....

3. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Do you mean > Brickman< ?

4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yes....thanks Kip!

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

hey monty hwo u go bout subbin for them

6. payton

payton Senior Member

ill give ya a call and let ya know what ive heard first hand about brinkman here in indy.

payton

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Used to be an area manager or something from Brickman that posted regularly here. Not sure where he's been.

8. dmontgomery

I actually answered an ad in the local news paper.......

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Get ahold of MikeS on this site, I thinlk you will want to talk to him :D

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

MrBrickman used to post on either PS or LS. I have not seen his posts in a few months or so.

11. dmontgomery

just got another check today for work done on Feb 12 ,13, 14......it has been a great winter.....

12. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

They wanted $95 a truck hr this season and we tried to neg a bit lower and re-sign them for next lawn season at the same time and they wouldnt budge... So i found 2 new co's to take care of us.

We had a number of problems with the crew, peeing behind dumpsters (resident caught him), not mowing entire rear of building, just not doing their job... not to mention a language barrier.

I'd never hire them again... and they wont get a good word from me.

13. svelasquez

svelasquez Member

Language barrier? What language barrier?? If we elect Hillary or Obama, English will be reduced to "a common unifying language;" and anyone suggesting that we make English the official language of this country is "arrogant."

So, mis amigos, deben apprender hablar Espanol rapido.

LOL! ussmileyflag

Steve - a non-hyphenated, flag saluting bi-lingual American

14. Mark Oomkes

Count me in as an 'arrogant' American then. ussmileyflag ussmileyflag ussmileyflag ussmileyflag

Worked for my ancestors, it can work for everyone.

15. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Im not from the US. I moved here from England 15years back. But My thought is if you cannot speak the countys lingo, go home!
    I must be arrogant aslo

16. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Arrogant!? Maybe, but english is the international language of business. There is no other language that is spoken in more countries.

17. dmontgomery

you would never guess that based on the "dial 1 for english" crap you hear everywhere.......or the signs at Lowes in spanish......

18. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Well hopefully with the soon failure of the H2B program we can say hasta la vista to all of the bendayhos. Sorry if I can't spell spanish, I was raised a red blooded American.

19. Mark Oomkes

Sorta hoping it does fail, all these bozos that sell their landscape and maintenance work cheap based on paying these guys virtually nothing are going to have figure out a way to get all their work done that they've sold at a nice low rate.

20. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

what is the latest on the h2b program? was hoping to go that route