1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever use these before?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sn95vert, Jun 19, 2012.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

2. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

they would be nice until you pull a trailer around and have to keep hooking it up and unhooking it

3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

They dont look bad but any light below your bumper will get KOed when backing up where snowbanks are present.And plowing snow backing up happend alot.

4. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

looks like something someone made in there garage, if you want back up lights make a set that fit into the stake pocket of the pick up bed, than you wont smash them on high speed back ups into snow banks

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a back rack mount them on that. I have s set of fog lights from harbor freight. Cost me all of about $25 for the lights, wire, toggle switch and even the zip ties. Believe it or not the lights aren't half bad. If you don't have a back rack then do like welder suggested and mount them in the stake pockets.

6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I have them on my truck. They are built well and have held up great. I do not use them while plowing because of my spreader.

7. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yeah it kinda sucks because I couldn't use them while plowing (tailgate spreader) which is when they'd benefit most. Would it get in the way of a bed salter too?

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I bet they would work great. But, I haul my snowmobile trailer to much so I would be constantly take it out and putting it back in.

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Wow that design looks familiar. The only problem is you don't want the factory reverse light circut to take the load of the extra draw. My set up has a relay. I also modified mine for snow banks and added a backup beeper to it.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=136478

10. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

TJ, I seen a bunch of them online a year ago and kinda forgot about them until you did yours then I started looking again. I dont know If I will go for this exact set up but somthing similar to it. What would charge if your built one for me? I like the design you made. It looks very durable.