1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Ever Use Posi-lock

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bnc services 2, Nov 26, 2004.

1. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

I JUST WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS INSTALLED A POSI-LOCK ON THERE TRUCK. I AM JUST SICK OF IT NOT GOING INTO 4X4 RITE WHEN IT IS ENGAGED IM SURE SOMEONE OUT IS SICK OF IT TOO :gunsfiring: WELL IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS AND HOW HARD IT IS TO INSTALL THANKS THINK SNOW :drinkup:

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

It looks compelling. 170 bucks and about 2 hours time. You'll probably have more headache drilling the firewall to pass the cable than anything else. I have a k3500 '97 and so far never an engagement problem with 4x4.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

You can replace the actuator with a new one for about half the price and do it in a lot less time too. I would not convert it myself unless you really want mechanical control. One thing to think abot, the linkages are exposed near axle with this mod and it could "freeze" up under the right conditons too.

4. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

bnc services 2 I have sold and installed a few and have not had or heard of any problems with their operation.
    The kit is complete and very well made, Scott is right about drilling the hole to route the cable as being about the hardest part of the install but trying to find a solid place under the dash to mount the control handle would rank second.
    :rolleyes: John....................

5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

None the less some of it is exposed near differentail instead of all enclosed like stock unit. I mine ever fails I plan to replace it with another like unit.

6. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

hey thanks for the input i was just wondering the truck has almost 140k on the truck but am building a TBI 454 with a 4L60E FOR IT THANKS AGAIN

7. UP BRETT

UP BRETT Junior Member

I have one on my 95 1500 and love it. One less electrical problem to leave you stuck. If it freezes like posted earlier, a propane torch fixes that in a minute or 2. If the electical one quits call a tow!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Brett