1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone ever use bare grounds system

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fireboy6413, Dec 13, 2009.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

here is their web site, I was at my local supply store and they were telling me about this de icer, spray it on the surface walk drive what ever and it wont ice for almost 2 weeks, they are giving me a few gallons on Monday to try out. http://www.bareground.com/

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Bareground is the same as Iceban and almost every other liquid. It works well but not worth the price they want for it. DKG bought 4500 gallons of it, maybe he'll come on here and comment.

3. fireboy6413

Thanks for the reply, I figured I may start offering to all my residential s for their side walks,

4. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

We bought from them this year.. around 2500 gal.. his price was way cheaper then other products and about the same i belive....we have used it for the first few storms as a pre treat out of a spray boom and pre wet out of our spreaders .. i can tell you it wont work for 2 weeks .i dont think any product will prevent ice for 2 weeks
    it really does work and it sure helps on sidewalks
    Allen

5. fireboy6413

thanks allen

6. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

no problem
    if you wanna buy some give me a ring i can put it in 5 gallon 20 gallon 55 gallon and 275 gallon containers..
    860 209 3844
    Allen

7. fireboy6413

allen pm me some prices when you can. Thanks Mike