1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever use a Snow Joe 2 stage snowblower??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow man Foster, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I was looking into getting a couple of new 2 Stage snowblowers. I recently found these Snow Joe 2 stage snowblowers and was wondering if anyone has ever used them before. They look the same as An Ariens Model. Just different colors etc,

Anyone know any pros or cons about them??
    At almost half the price of a Ariens or other "name brand" one can i really go wrong??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

At half the price of a name brand, yes, you can really go wrong!

3. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

never used them. They look nice. I would think it wouldnt be if they work good but how long they hold up. It wouldnt hurt to pick one up then sell it after a season before the problems start. My experience with no name brand equipment is they dont handle wear and tear. I have a 20 yr old ariens blower that always runs and a 3 yr old craftsman that needs something fixed every year. I havent had any issues with the older toros besides new paddles.

4. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Most all of the 2 stage blowers are all the same machine, with different badging.

Aside from the Toro, Simplicity, and "true' Ariens, they are all the same machine.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Well, ya, if it's an MTD.

6. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

My Ariens has a Briggs engine on it. That snowblower engine looks like one of those third world country engines that they sell in Northern Tool or Harbor Freight! Looks like an MTD built overseas to me.

7. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I agree, from now one, nothing but a Toro or Honda for me. The annoyance of having a big heavy to stage go down is far more annoying then the cost of a nice quality machine. We have 4 of the MTD style and have nothing good to say about them.

8. Plow man Foster

Just called Snow Joe and they pretty much said im on my own if something breaks on it....
    The company has Completely switched to an all "green" Manufacturer. So they only make the Electric "push broom type snowblowers now.

NO MORE 2 STAGES/ gas ones.

The guy said they have a limited amount of parts left on them. So really my warranty would be though the dealer i would get it from which happens to be 1 year!

So im kinda going back and forth about it...:help::help::help:

9. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

It wouldve been that way whether they switched or not. These machines arent meant to be repaired. They break you buy a new one. Like I said it wouldnt hurt to use it this season and try to get off your hands before the warranty runs out.

I just picked up a 3hp 20" craftsman for $15. If I get 1 hour out of it ill be happy. It just needed fresh gas but I'm not expecting much.

IMG_20111212_153503_opt.jpg

10. Plow man Foster

Well boys i just ordered it today... If all goes well it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday!
    Just in time for our potential 2nd "real" Push!

11. Plow man Foster

i figure if i can get a season out of it without doing anything im already saving money! I also took in consideration that not many things go wrong on a snowblower like this! I can replace the motor for 1-200 bucks with a Tecumseh/ Snow king

Might go stock one of those if i like this one.