1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever tried.........???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Andy N., Jan 22, 2009.

1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Has anyone ever tried or heard of a product called Saltaway? It is for cleaning trucks / equipment and to basically neutralize salt so that it does not effect metal / steel components.

2. rednekk frank

rednekk frank Member

I used to mess around with motorcycles that we ran out in Bonneville on the salt flats. We always used that on the bikes after we got back, and it did a really nice job.

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Where do you get ????

4. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I use it and I am impressed with it. I gave some to the contractor I work for and his clean up guy liked it. A marine supply store will have it if it is on the coast. I think I got mine from West Marine, they have a web site. They make a sprayer that you put on a hose that mixes it with water as you spray you equipment. I wash out side and the hose is always frozen when I clean up. I just put some in a 1 gallon lawn spray tank and apply it that way, then use water in a bucket to wash it off.

Saltaway was a sponsor here last year

5. nbuzz

nbuzz Junior Member

sry to bump an older thread but... saltaway is a great product if you're rich enough to buy it all the time!:cry:

I use to buy it for the jetskis and the boat until I was in SC and I ran out mid-week.. anyways I was whining about the price to the mechanic at the marina and he ended up telling me that its just vinegar, liquid soap and water! so I just mix my own for all of my stuff now and its alot cheaper too!

thought you guys might like to save some $$!

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

bought a 5 gal pail with the sprayer it doesnt nuetralize the salt it makes it not stick and the sheeting action get rid of the risdue.

JR

7. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Rich53- there is a dealer/distributor in SE Wisconsin out of Milwaukee that sells it. Look up saltaway's website, contact them and ask for his #

8. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Try Rohmar Industries, they have a salt neutralizer product that we use all of the time.

9. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

What is the mix ratio for water to viniger to soap?

10. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

very interested in your mixing ratio?? do you pretreat before you wash? or do you apply after you wash??