1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone ever tried this? new idea

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Whiffyspark, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

This is always a bad cash flow time for me. In between the end of landscaping and beginning of snow season. Sometimes we do push until January, or sometimes it could be this week

Has anyone tried selling salt directly to consumers? Like maybe $7 a bag with a 5 bag minimum delivered. Its an idea I've been thinking about lately

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How much you going to charge to delver it? So you'll make 10-12 bucks per trip,before gas and time in.

3. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

seasonal contracts! we have already received first payment on most of our customers. helps with start up

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I don't do residential only commercial through subbing. Scared to get screwes out of money from magament companies.

I'm thinking about putting a pallet or two on the flat bed and just driving through neighborhoods

5. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Negotiate with who ever you sub for to do some accounts seasonal. They keep 15% or whatever the amount you get the rest. They are guaranteed money and the gamble is yours but you have constant cash flow as well.