1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever seen this plow before

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEUSWEDE, Jan 5, 2004.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I was going through sites and found this plow by frink though someone might be intered in it. The plow is a board that can be bent to channel snow like the interstate plows. It can go to either side using hydralics which is pretty sweet. If it can bend like that makes me question how durable it is. But if you do streets or long driveways fast it should throw the snow better. The picture below shows it.
    just figured I would share my find
    Dylan

frink2.jpg

2. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Count me out!

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like trouble in river city.

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen it on their site, but never in action. Is sort of strange.

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I don't want it just wanted to see if anyone

actually had it. I think I would rather shovel than use that. It would save me money but not time.
    Dylan

6. capnkel

capnkel Junior Member
    from Saco

One of the city trucks here had one on a couple years ago,interesting design,cant say that i have seen it since,maybe it got scrapped,next time i see the city guys i will ask them.

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

The Comwell CT public works has those plows on the big dump trucks.I dont know repair wise, but they clean up the roads great.Ill try to get some pics next time i see one in action.

8. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

SEEN IT !...........I have a summer place up the street from
    the old Frink factory in Clayton NY.
    I used to hang in the bar across the street!

They closed up a few years ago and were bought out by Everest
    plows and taken to Canada.

Frink had one of the earliest quick mount plows avail. for
    pickups. Western sorta copied it !......geo

9. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

what is that made out of rubber? how does that look after sitting three or four summers in the heat?....can you say dry rot!
    -Doc-:nono:

10. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

DOC......The moldboard was made outta some flexible
    poly material...................geo

11. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

yeah, rubber!
    -Doc-

12. gpin

gpin Senior Member

How does it work in the extreme cold?

13. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

the moldboard is probly the same type of material that the weatern and meyer poly plows are made of. I don't realy think dryrot would be an issue with poly. The plow way have some other issues though, it's hard to tell by just looking a little picture.

14. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Have seen it before, it is a poly blade, Frink plows were made about 30 miles from me and were the best in the business, then they were bought out moved to Canada, employees , most of whom had 25-30+ years there were told dont bother come to work tommorow, no severance pay no nothing, just a boot out the door!! For that reason alone I would not even look at a new Frink.
    Frink was an innovator in plow design and 95% of highway plows in this area were frinks. they had a poly plow in the 70's, a quick-tach plow many years before any others.
    as far as highway plows, I beleive Viking which are built up here in Harrisville NY are the top of the line and have gained a big market share since Frink closed its doors.

15. kc8mxa

kc8mxa Junior Member

ohio turnpike has some also
    nice because they plow snow out of both lanes

16. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

can you say waste of money?

If that thing 'bends' to look like that, can you imagine what it would do if you tried to push a sizeable pile of snow.
    -SMASH!- I don't beat my trucks by any means, but if you had 2ft like we did last year, you'd have to push some big piles...:D

Chris

17. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

It kinda looks like it is permanently bent like that. Like a snow "thrower" and not so much a snow "plow". Like the high speed thrower plows on the hwy dept trucks.

18. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

ive seen them up close. they are very durable plows and really save time and do a good job:)

19. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

A good majority of WADOT trucks have that type of plow. ODOT (Oregon Dept. of Transp.) has the same setup on their trucks as well. They have other types too but I see those on the big dumptrucks. Throws the snow right on out of the way.

Blake
    WA

20. SnAscksdck99

SnAscksdck99 Junior Member

Tenco makes one just like that for heavy commercial trucks.its not made out of rubber