1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever see anything like this?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jan 14, 2009.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I was bored and surfing google pics for plow trucks and found this. Could be fun, looks like they took a fisher head gear and hydros, and then mounted the blower on it.

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

i've seen blowers but not an a minute mount like that. I woudl think it'd be way to heavy for the motor and pump. very cool tho
  3. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Yeah, I'm gonna bet that's a spoof or has some seriously jacked up motors to lift extra weight.

Probably move some snow, though...
  4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats pretty neat.
  5. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My neighbor down the road has one of those on an excursion... on a Fisher MM2 headgear setup and he also has a SS X-blade to for the really light storms! Pretty sweet setup!
  7. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i think it would be good for driveways but way too slow for commercial lots.
  9. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Ya even town home drives where you tend to get the sides of drives pretty high after a while
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  10. sbolli

sbolli Junior Member

Saw on in the UP of Michigan

I saw one of these for the first time in the UP of Michigan. Went on a snowmobile trip and rented a cabin. The owner woke me up with the motor on the blower. Two passes on a narrow twisting drive about 1/4 mile to his three rentals and down to his house by the lake near Munising. Seemed to work well for the driveway since there was no areas to push the snow in his situation.
  11. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

I would spent the money on a v plow before buying that thing .Windy day and power snow your lot wouldnt even look done.

BDEMOTT Senior Member

that is wierd that you found that picture, that is my uncles landscape buisness and they use that on 56 drivways that they manage. It works amazing just pull straight in a couple times and its done.. they have alot of drifting up near houses and garages where a plow just cant really handle it and the blower just eats right through it. In the picture the blower is about 7 yrs old and now its about 10 or 11 and it still works great.
  13. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

A friend of mine bought one for doing condo driveways. It works perfectly as you can do one driveway in 2 passes instead of having to hand-blow them where plowing just isn't feasable. It was a requirement of the association contract he got, and there are 50-some odd driveways. Blowing by hand would be a nightmare.

Its a slick setup, but downfalls I see are 1) slow for anything but a short, tight driveway, like a condo. 2) the unit itself has a motor on the front that drives the auger, and you have to put an external gas tank in the bed of your truck, then run rubber line from the tank to the motor somehow.

They have electric start and remote chute angle, so you don't have to leave the truck. It bolts right up to an existing plow mount, and raises/lowers with the plow lift.
  14. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I looked at one of those for my road - ended up with a v plow instead - mostly because the blower was a> too expensive, b> too slow, c> hard to get parts for, d>too many stories of the thing working great for 100 yds and dying. I've got 4 miles of road and about 300" of snow to move each season - much as I like the idea of it, it seemed like too much trouble.
  15. blacksilver

blacksilver Junior Member

yea ive seen that around, I live right by your uncles joint on peck, think I saw it a few says ago. To slow for me but looks like it handles any kind of snow
  16. speedy

speedy Senior Member

17. KCB

KCB Senior Member

^^ Now that thing is cool! ^^ Nothing but iron, and grease.:salute:
  18. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

19. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

20. TerraScapesMT

TerraScapesMT Junior Member

I agree, it might be nice for driveways and drifts, but anyone who would clear a parking lot with that would have to be nuts.