1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever see 1 of these?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by xll_VIPER_llx, Jan 20, 2010.

1. xll_VIPER_llx

xll_VIPER_llx Senior Member

i never knew streetcars could plow.

2. lvfd50

lvfd50 Junior Member
    from WNY

Thats a cool pic. I don't see why they couldn't. They do put plows and blowers on some trains.
  3. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

YEs I have in person and have rode on one, I used to clean a trolly car line platforms as a Sub back about 8 years ago and they had a snow car for when the storm dumped so fast. the trolly or train car had a solid V plow in the front with a wing to push teh show away from the tracks. It was kool becuase the train line was 1950's train cars and so was the snow car. Only used when there was so much there was no way a regular car could push it out of the way without derailing or becoming damaged
  4. xll_VIPER_llx

xll_VIPER_llx Senior Member

I'm wondering what year this might of been... gotta be a piece of history. I have seen the huge freight train plows and blowers but never a streetcar
  5. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Never knew they could do that