1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever run these tires??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Up North, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I have to put some new diggers on my truck as the current tires are getting pretty sparse on tread. I'm probably going to only have the truck for another year so don't want to drop a bunch of $$ on them. Our local Fleet Farm store has the Widetrack Baja AT in LT265/75R Load Range D for $98 per tire installed. They are a private label brand made by Kelly Tires which in turn is owned by Goodyear or someone like that. Decent tread design, 55,000 mile tire.

I currently have Bridgestone Dueler AT's that have a tad over 60,000 miles on them, and have been VERY satisified with them.

Anyway, anyone run the Widetrack Baja AT's before?

Buck

2. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I had Kelly AT Load range E on my one ton van, Every one of them had the side wall belts break with in 10,000 miles. I will never buy Kellys agin. I paid 140 each.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I have had the Bridgestone Dueler AT's on my last three trucks....They are the best in my opinion.:nod:

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Buck
    I just went out and looked at the tires on my White 97 GMC and I think its the same one you are talking about.Same size and everything.I bought mine in 2002 I think.I'm not sure how many miles I have put on them so far but they are wear thin now,I will need to change before winter.
    But overall I have had no complaints with them.

5. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I run a set of Kumho's on my truck. they were under $400 for the set, installed, warranties, etc. got 'em at Dunn Tire (affiliated w/ american car care centers). they have a decently aggressive tread (i go 4-wheelin with them too), and have held up quite well.

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I put a set of Kumho's on...

Funny, We threw a set of Kumho's on our Honda Accord then got caught in 6" of snow on the way down to NC.The tires did better than the Michelins when they where new at half the cost.
    I am putting a new set of Kumho's on my One ton next month.Check the Tire Rack have some great reviews.

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I don't think anyone handles Kumhos around here and I don't feel comfortable about buying something like that over the net. It'll need to be a local deal. I'll probably go ahead and get a set, like I said earlier I'm only going to run this rig another year, maybe two at the most.

Larry, I think these tires are mostly sold at smaller tire dealers and Fleet type stores. Fleet Farm, L & M Fleet, are some of the stores around here that carry them and they've had them ever since I can remember. So who knows, yeah they could easily be the same tires. I remember one guy my buddy knew pretty well, he swore by these tires. All he ever put on any of his trucks...and I used to give give him hell about his "Fleet Farm rubbers"...now I may get a set. Hope he never finds out...:rolleyes:

Buck