1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever ran over an Animal or pet while plowing??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow man Foster, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Ok guys well im just wondering if im the only one who has ever ran over a puppy or animal while plowing

Last year the bos was out of town...So i took his truck Chevy4500 pickup bed with 10' boss Plow to plow with. I had been plowing for about 30hrs straight by now and its 3AM We're convoying though this neighborhood goin about 25MPH Fast i know.....
    I see this animal that looks like a rabbit run out in the street. Its 3AM so i have already been seeing pink Pandas for the past 5hrs I slam this thing with the plow since i thought it was just a rabbit or something. Then of course my guys ask me what that was....We come back around and check it out and there is a lady SCREAMING at us that WE were the problem! WE were supposed to be there hoursssss agoo! Im like lady its 3AM Dont let your White dog outside at 3AM when you see us plowing! we had 3 trucks and 4 loaders in this sub ALL with backup alarms (except for one) And LEDS on All of them And all were ON! Boss got a call at 3AM about it and couldnt believe it! Dog is fine! NO charges were made!

Anyone else have stories like this one????

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I hit a deer last season with my newest truck & plow, actually the plow hit it. I saw the first one cross the road & Started hitting the breaks & the second one Didnt make it in time Plow was in v position & wedged it under it, I had to back up to get it out from under the plow, called the police & they put it down.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

No animals , but if you were to hit one it is way better then hitting a person. That lady could have ran after her dog

4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

A local contractor had a dog go through a blower on his tractor. When he started up the driveway the owner opened the door and her dog ran out and started barking and jumping at the auger on the blower, Auger caught the dog and it went through the blower.
    The snow didn't turn red like in the movies, but the dog didn't make it.

He didn't charge her for the drive

Bill

5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Hell Yeah!
    Our Boss Scolded at us when another one of my workers said we were going 50MPH.
    He said Which one was is 25 or 50?!?!!?

6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I had a bear and a deer run in front of me same storm 3-4 years ago. Tagged both with the plow, it was up and I was traveling at the time. Weirdest things happen when plowing. And this in NJ. There's gotta be more of these stories out there.

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I hit a deer while driving but not actually plowing a parking lot.

8. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

I splated something white and fluffy in the street between jobs... turned out to be a dove... what the heck a dove was doing out in the middle of a snow storm in the middle of winter is beyond me.

9. brad2555

brad2555 Junior Member
    from ohio

hit a deer this past winter going about 55 (it was a day after a storm) after doing a driveway for a guy, plow was in the V position, and cut it plum in 2, broke some plastic on the plow but nothing too serious,

10. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I plow a rd and one home owner always lets her dog out when I plow it. The dog has to chase my plow so I would slow down by their house when the dog was out one day I decided not to slow down and rolled the dog into the ditch with the snow. the dog got up and ran to the house and never chased me again.