1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever mount a 36"blade on a walk behind mower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy11, Nov 17, 2006.

1. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I'm going to try it for entertainment purposes. I have a JRCO mounting bar and I'm gonna rig a 36" wide (max width for sidewalks here) poly scraper blade to it and put rubber on the bottom of the blade. It will be angled a bit. I'm gonna try chains on the tires. Has anyone ever tried this? I think it might work for light snows and I could ride on the sulky. I forsee potential traction problems as it's a belt driven walk behind. This is probably a waste of a little wood and time, but in the long run I want to ride around on a machine in the winter like I do the rest of the year. Anyone make a 36" ride on snowblower? That would be sweet.

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

yeah but mine is 50" blade heres a pic

SNOW PLOWwalkbehind.jpg

3. mark m

mark m Junior Member

now thats a great idea.
    ANY WAY TO MOVE SNOW WITHOUT A SHOVEL WORKS!!!!!!!purplebou

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

wonder if there is a way to ducked the exhaust to blow over the belts, that way it would keep them from freezing up and continue to provide traction. Kinda like they did with the old rotory steam engine snow trains. I would also think it wouldn't be too hard to take an old single stage snow blower designed for a lawn tractor (seen a bunch on old John Deeres) and run it with the belt for the blade spindles.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  5. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

That's brilliant jkoopers! I think I saw that pic posted by you a few years ago. That's a hydro mower so I bet it works well.

"Inspiration, move me brightly, light the song with sense and color............."
    guess the quote and win nothing!

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I had just posed the question to someone about removing the mower deck & attaching a snowblower implement. I know nothing about this, but it got me thinking about the possibilities. Got a 48" Ferris walkbehind, and I'm thinking the deck comes off fairly easily