1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever heard of this lawsuit?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JThompson, Feb 21, 2003.

1. JThompson

JThompson Member
    from NYC

While shopping my insurance I was told by one agent a very popular lawsuit these days is for a claim that the plow operator damaged the asphalt? Anyone ever hear of this?

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

i have never heard of that.But when you are plowing that is the risk the owner takes when hireing a plow verses shoveling.And unless they plowing contactor brings in a 40KLB loader or a trcked machine with out clearing it with the owner then they should be responsable

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Put it in your contract. Its the nature of the biz that scraping the the asphalt with all of this heavy equipment will damage it. This is in the contract so they know ahead of time, so there are no surprises for the client.

4. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I heard of it but never had to deal with it.

Thought this was interesting thou.

Just got a notice from my insurance carrier that they are covering up to the limits of my policy for lost work & including workers comp for reasons of terrorist acts.

And at no extra cost to me :)

seems there's some federal thing that went into effect to cover that kind of stuff.

Dan

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

DanG, must be a federal mandate. I got the same notice.

6. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I got the same letter from my insurance company about a month ago.