1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever heard of these ??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Eyesell, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

for the same money, just buy a case of fluid film. itll do the same if not better, and also keep the salt from eating your blade. just my thought
  3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I have seen them . I hope water dosen't get in the middle of the plow & skin than freeze .. it may pop off or crack if that happened .:confused:
  4. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

don't waste your money on those. i had one on my blade for two seasons and it caused more work than good. a good coat of paint will do the trick just fine.
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

step 1 = wire wheel off losse junk.

step 2 = rustoleum sunrise red or sunburst yellow.

step 3 = 2-3" wide roller. apply 2 coats per season.

step 4 = good to plow.

installed one a few months ago. never again will i try it unless plow is perfectly new stright and square. and still pain in the a$$
  6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I have a brand new 8' V but I still don't get the reason you'd want one other than your plow being old and this more or less giving it a bit of a "Facelift"
  7. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

I had a friend that had one hit a chunk of ice and ripped a huge hole in it. Because he couldn't stop in the middle of a storm to take it off he kept going. By the end of the storm there was so much **** caught behind it we ended up cutting it off with a sawzall.
  8. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

This will be my third season with one and it's held up well. Mine is an older plow and even with cleaning it and new paint the snow was still sticking alot, the liner made a world of difference. Mine was from angelos, but there're all about the same.
  9. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

those are the stuoidest things ive ever seen