1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Ever Hear Of The Sno-king Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HIGHWAYMAN, Jan 1, 2006.

1. HIGHWAYMAN

HIGHWAYMAN Member

Just Wanted To Know If Anybody Has Push The Plow Or Heard Anything About Them?

2. Braun

Braun Junior Member

Snow King Plow

The Snow King Plow is manufactured in Chicopee, Ma. by Braun Snow Plows, a division of Industrial Steel & Boiler Services, whom have been making plows for 60 years now. The Snow King is designed to throw the snow over the higher banks( higher discharge end moldboard) the same way the larger municipal plows do such as the Braun Reversible one way (R.O.W.) The plow will attach to existing plow hitches and set ups. If interested contact Braun Plow for more details. The Snow King design has been around for many years and was re-introduced this year based on a demand for this type of plowing option.
    Visit the Industrial Steel & Boiler website at www.isbservices.net to view available services and snow plow information.

3. HIGHWAYMAN

HIGHWAYMAN Member

thanks we have just got one, we'll see how it does with this storm there calling for 8" of cemment like snow

4. Braun

Braun Junior Member

Let me know

We want and need feedback on the Snow King Plow. Please contact me and let me know how you like it.

5. HIGHWAYMAN

HIGHWAYMAN Member

sorry braun the plow i have is a viking sno-king my mech. let me know today. But saw the web page and it looks like a nice road plow with a angle and height like that it must throw snow great

6. Braun

Braun Junior Member

Braun Plow

Yes, the Braun light duty plow will indeed throw the snow over the higher banks...the same idea as the heavier duty plows we make... The new SK light duty plow out this year is getting rave reviews and can be easily hooked up to existing units. Good luck with your Viking unit.

7. akronbpw

akronbpw Junior Member

We have SnowKing plows on 2 of our trucks. F-550 and a F-750 and have had problems with the bushings in th trip edge and the trip springs in the plow itself. We found that the salt drys out the rubber and it just falls apart after 2-3 seasons. We just returned from our local dealer from their annual checkup. We were told that they no longer sell Snow King plows on the new trucks that they make, but will get parts for us $$$. They will sell us a new Western Heavy Duty for our new truck if we get one. Check with your local dealer before you buy one.

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

And in 2006 NSYNC was still a boy band.

9. Mr. Plow 89

Mr. Plow 89 Junior Member

Sno King plows are NOT manufactured by Braun. They were made in Evansville, IA and I cannot locate a listing for them anywhere----I assume they have gone the way of the buffalo. Also the link provided brings up Iowa State Bank. I hope this is helpful.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

11. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

they look like good plows if your doing streets or highways, or runways

12. Mr. Plow 89

Mr. Plow 89 Junior Member

Thanks. I passed along the information to my customer.