1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever hear of SNOWEX 6500 ??? need info

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by puredreamz, Nov 1, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

basically need more info dont know if its a misprint or if it is the model 6500. Cant find any info on it using internet search engines.

2. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Is that the kijiji add - Barrie you are refering to? Body style looks like a 6000 or an 8000, but hard to tell from the bad picture.

3. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

We have never offered a 6500 model. Perhaps he meant SP-6000.

4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

6000?

They do offer a model 6000. However, how much material are you looking for the unit to hold, how much deicing are you going to do? This will help you decide what size spreader you may want to consider.

Bigger is not always better!

5. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

so say its a 6000 is their any difference from various years?

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

no

The 6000 is the same. However, if you want to increase in capacity some you can go to the 7550 which holds 1.4 yards and has a full length auger feed system, and an inverted V over the auger.

I had the 6000 and it was a nice spreader. However, we now have two 7550's and love them.

7. EIB

EIB Senior Member

The problem with the 6000 is it doesn't flow very well. The salt stays toward the front of the spreader even with the vibrator on. I'm going to add a second on to mine and hope that works.

8. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

That should help

From what I have heard from other contractors that will help.

If you are in a position to replace the 6000, take a look at the 7550. You will like it and there are no material flow issues for us with ours.

9. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Wayne,
    I am not sure you are understanding the thread.

OP found an add for a Used 6500. 6500 does not exist (typo) so if its a 6000 or an 8000 he wants to know if they have any issues/problems.

Nothing to do with upgrading to a 7550.

10. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

I gotcha

We had no issue with our 6000. Worked well with one vibrator. You can always spray the inside with a non-stick cooking spray like "Pam" and this generally keeps the load flowing very well if you have a problem with the material sticking to the sides.

Thanks.

11. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I didn't have issues with the sale sticking to the sides. It would not flow down the floor of the unit. Also I didn't mention I use treated salt.

12. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 6000 (single vibrator), but really cant comment on problems.

I knew ahead of time that they were know for flow problems and purchased it second hand with this info - but it was planned to be installed in a dump truck, so we tilt it.

We did, put 12" sides on it to allow it to carry 2 ton.

ps Make sure the wiring and controller work - can be costly to replace.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011