1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone ever have runners, or shoes come off..

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by daveintoledo, Dec 4, 2007.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

i was adjusting the height of the runners for a gravel lot at a machine shop, and i noticed it seamed really easy for the linchpin to come out.....

am i just being paranoid or is this really a concern....

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

these thing's have been getting worse as time goes on ,keep an eye on them they get them from the lowest bidder some time's they will work one time .it used to be they would just about break your finger if you missed .

3. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

i beleive. it...

seems like when the plow is lifted up, the weight from the runners is almost enough to lift the circle catch of the linchpin... maybe ill see if i can find some better ones...

thank you

4. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Here's the type of clip to use. I think it's called a clevis pin clip. I've never lost a shoe with this type of clip!:salute:

clip.jpg

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I better get to my shed to see if my "shoes" ran off on me!

6. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

thats more like it...

i figured it wouldnt be hard to do better, the old western we had didnt have any shoes..... grandview must have stole them....:drinkup:

man these things are crap, and probably cheap...glad i paid attention..... my "shoes may have run of on me..." too....