1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever have a Hiniker C-Plow ??

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by CHCSnowman, Dec 8, 2006.

1. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen or used a Hiniker C-Plow? How did it work?

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

There is a Hiniker Forum on this site. I am sure you'll find some decent info there.
  3. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

thank you!
  4. turk

turk Junior Member

I have only seen them in the showrom at dealer, never seen one in action. I have heard on forums that they work like a plow with wings, helping to contain the snow.
    Ihave also read that they are hard to backdrag with, But I dont have any personal knowledge of them.
  5. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

Your confused between the C and the Scoop.
    The C is the one that flips forward for back dragging with the top of the blade.
    And the Scoop is the Concaved plow.
  6. turk

turk Junior Member

guess not

Oh sorry I guess I have never seen one then except pics.
  7. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I have never talk to anyone that has one, that doesnt like the C plow.
    Then the rest of us, wish we could afford one. LOL
  8. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

I'm on my 5th season with a C plow. First time I've ever had a plow go this long w/o a major breakdown.

The C is an excellent tool in the right situation. It will move a lot of snow, handles back dragging - without comparison.

If you do residentials or commercials where you do any amount of backdraggng...it's a good investment that you'll be happy with.

It's a good straight blade plow and Hiniker is the best for support.

Don't expect it to do what a V can do - they are different tools and excel in their own categories.
  9. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

the company i work for runs about 6 c plows and i like them the only problem is that they dont seem to handle abuse very well compared to the boss plows we have and the hydraulics seem to run slow after a couple years idk just my $.02
  10. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

C plow on 06' 3/4 ton GMC

Have a C plow on a 06' GMC 3/4 and wouldn't trade it for anything. For back dragging
    it cleans right down to the surface with the down pressure it has. Great for grading
    a gravel driveway too, much better than the 9N Ford tractor and blade i use. Then, flip
    it, and push the snow out of the way.

Honest Abe
  11. atozlandscaping

atozlandscaping Junior Member
    from 04005

C Plow

I have a hiniker c-plow. My crew loves the plow. it's two plows for the price of one. the only down side to it is unlike the danials pull plow the c-plow doesn't have down pressure for back draging.
  12. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

You must have been diggin hard to find a post 2 1/2 years old :drinkup: