1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever hard wire

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by MrDeez, Dec 30, 2008.

1. MrDeez

MrDeez Junior Member
    from Midwest

I have a 4 year old snowman back blade, I can't stand the plug-in!! Has anyone ever hard wired the cinnection? How did you do it? And with what?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I know the plugs may not be the best but what are you going to do every time you put the plow on and off the truck. If you keep cutting and hardwiring your going to run out of wire eventually. Might be better to find a plug you like and put that inplace of the factory plug.

3. MrDeez

MrDeez Junior Member
    from Midwest

Any recommendations for plugs? Maker or models?

4. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Do you take the plow on and off, or leave it on all winter? Mine is on and off, 3 years old and has rectangular plug similiar to Boss. It used to slip apart from bouncing, etc. I use a piece of elastic like a ponytail holder only industrial strength to hold them together. Make sure there is dielectric grease in there also.

5. MrDeez

MrDeez Junior Member
    from Midwest

Yea, I used zip-ties on it for years...kinda a pain. Today I hard wired and will not have to get out 7 times a night to check freakin plug!! I used (4) heavy duty electrical connecters to bolt together and a couple of plug-in water proof butt-connectors for small wires. Done, won't come apart too fast to take off but, I won't get out of truck all night either.

6. sdaigh

sdaigh Junior Member

I bought one of these used without the truck side wiring so I had to make my own, used the "winch" disconnects for the main power wires and then just used a 4 wire flat trailer wire plug connector for the control wires, works real good and i've never had any problems with it yet!

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

The truckside wiring is long enough that battery ends could be put on the ends and wired directly to the plow motor, the orange wire connected with male/female connector. I switched one of mine over to the gray plastic battery charger type plugs that lock in, time will tell.