1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever had this problem????

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BOSSMAN21, Dec 12, 2008.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I have a 2006 Boss trip edge 7'6. Last night I was hooking up my plow for the storm that was for the night after, I drove into the plow, put the plow in float, connected the hydrauilics and lights. Then I went and pulled te plowup with the hydrualics and then I snapped the pin in place for the drivers side, everything looked fine but when I went over on the other side to snap the pin in on the passengers side, the plow was off line. So, I went back over and tried to backoff the plow and the pin wouldnt come out at all. Has anyone over had something like this happen to them? and if so do you have any tips forgetting that pin out???

2. themechanic43

themechanic43 Junior Member

Something's bent or not aligned for some reason. You'll have to wrestle it with a hammer and bar somehow to get it off and find out what's wrong.

3. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Great news the gear isnt bent or any other thing for that matter. I got it off with a crowbar and got it hooked on right and now it works just dandy!!!!!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It happens from time to time and its due to either not being fully pulled into the plow, or pulled in on a slight angle. Any time your going to attach be sure to physically push the plow forward a few inches after making contact. This will ensure your fully in the receivers as well as good and square with the plow.

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

exactly what b&b said. my v does the same thing on side used to hook and the other side id have to push it forward to get it lined up, now when i hook up i get into it then push it about 2-3' forward to ensure its straight and ready.

6. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

thanks for all the advice guys!!!!