1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anyone ever fixed one of these?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Grn Mtn, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

something on the board is bad, but dealer doesn't fix just sells new and its now out of warranty, I just really don't want to spend $270 buying a new one. I need the wiring schematic for the variable speed controller model number #9027

saltcontroller_circuitboard.jpg

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Try a Small Electronics repair shop?

3. Grn Mtn

funny i hadn't thought of that, thanks.

does anyone have the schematics for this board so I know what voltage is supposed to be where?

4. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Need more info make, model , ser # Is that a spped controller for a spreader ? Which wires are input which output ? can you see any type of fuse in there ? Is that a relay under the red and white wires , does it make any clicking or sound ?

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i wasnt as ambitious as you i jsut went and spent the 270 or 280 i think in the middle of a storm last year i still have the other one it just burnt up so if you figure out how to fix it let me know

6. LON

LON Senior Member

It has been discontinued by Fisher. That had a lot of problems with them. If it is not that far out of warranty just call Fisher tech and see what they'll do.
    http://www.fisherplows.com/searchresults.asp

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

arent they pretty much i think universal they all control the same thing maby with a different plug on the end

8. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

9. Grn Mtn

above the picture I did list its model number and that its a variable speed controller. The fuse is fine, the power is getting to the unit, just something on the unit is bad.

Will do.

Thanks, yes I am aware there is a newer an better mod, that was the $270 one the dealer used to test mine to see if it was bad. I called another dealer (not of fisher) and they use a universal -maybe the kind you showed me, and would sell it to me for $200. I am still bound and determined to fix it, hopefully for $50.

Thanks again for all who replied, and I will let you know what I ended up doing

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006